Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was was just wondering what everyones thoughts on postgraduate study is?

This is mainly towards those applying for uni in 2004 as I am too. I am pretty sure that if I like my course I will try my hardest to stay on in further education.

Does anyone feel like me or do they wanna get there Ba/Bsc and leave to get a job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neogandalf)
    I was was just wondering what everyones thoughts on postgraduate study is?

This is mainly towards those applying for uni in 2004 as I am too. I am pretty sure that if I like my course I will try my hardest to stay on in further education.

Does anyone feel like me or do they wanna get there Ba/Bsc and leave to get a job?
    No i'd love to stay on for postgrad, for me university is not just about getting a job afterwards but exploring a subject I am really passionate about so fingers crossed for good financial situation and good BA results and I will prolong my education and put off getting a 'proper job' even longer!
    xxx Claire xxx

ReputationRep:
    i feel really stupid, but could someone explain Bsc and Ba please and the differences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Devour_You)
    i feel really stupid, but could someone explain Bsc and Ba please and the differences
    A BA stands for 'Batchelor of the arts' and Bsc stands for 'Batchelor of science'. There are others but these are the main two names for undergraduate degrees dependeant on wether your subject is arts or science based.

I hope that helps

P.S Don't ask me about PHD's, Masters and wot not as that is when it gets complicated

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with you 'claire1985' I see myself as more of an academic than a worker and therefore would like to stay in further education for life(Ha Ha)

Joking aside I wouldn't mind working at a uni as a researcher or professer, that is quite a well respected job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neogandalf)
    I have to agree with you 'claire1985' I see myself as more of an academic than a worker and therefore would like to stay in further education for life(Ha Ha)

Joking aside I wouldn't mind working at a uni as a researcher or professer, that is quite a well respected job.

Weeell, aside from a few exceptions, postgrad. study is only reaaallly worthwhile if you are passionate and/or are considering a career in academia (for which you will certainly need a doctorate).

The idea (aside from a few exceptions) that it's going to get you into a good job is based largely on a misconception. If you don't do well in your first degree, nothing (aside from years of experience) is going to make up for it. If you did do well on your degree, then there's no need for a postgrad. degree (unless it's passion/and or academia).

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.