Turn on thread page Beta

Aqa: Gcse History Paper 2 Tuesday Help! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey people
    i have got my GCSE History Paper 2 Exam on tuesday and need some real help.
    i know its about germany but exactly what topics? could you be kind enough to bullet point them ??
    i have not concentrated in history lessons over the past year becuase we have a ***** teacher!
    Thanks for all your help and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Nazi germany
    Weimar Germany

so hitlers rise to power
    weaknesses of weimar republic
    Hitlers Germany
    How hitler becamse chancellor in 1933

Im assuming you're doing that period.

ReputationRep:
    i think ur ment to answer questions on two depth studies bcause im learning germany and russia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterT)
    Hey people
    i have got my GCSE History Paper 2 Exam on tuesday and need some real help.
    i know its about germany but exactly what topics? could you be kind enough to bullet point them ??
    i have not concentrated in history lessons over the past year becuase we have a ***** teacher!
    Thanks for all your help and good luck!
    Yes, you should have two topics to learn. I'm doing USA and Russia.

ReputationRep:
    russias so boring and long arrr :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :tsr: im doing america and germany. its abit s**t but hey i dont have to ever do it again.

ReputationRep:
    ye agreed...russia is crap. germany is good tho....well the topic neway. lol.

ReputationRep:
    am doin american west, anyone else had the joy of learning about cowboys and indians?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing Germany and USA... it's fairly easy I'm just worried that because there's sooo much to remember I won't know where to start or how to approach the big 15-markers... I hope we get "How far did the USA achieve prosperity in the 1920s" and "How did Hitler become Chancellor".. that'd be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Doing Germany and Russia

Germany the main topics are -

Weimar 1918-23 Peace,Treaty of Versailles, Consitution, Spartacists, Kapp Putsch, Ruhr, Hyperinflation, Munich Putch

Recovery 1924-29 Stresseman, Dawes + Young PLans, Locarno, ,Wall Street Crash

Nazism to 1929 Early Hitler, Nazi idedas, ,Mein Kampf

Growth to 1933 Reasons for growth, Events of 1932-Jan 33

Dictatorship Reichstag fire, election, enabling act, gleichschaltung, night of the long knives, death of hindeneburg

Nazi control + benifits Gestappo SS, ,Persectuion, Education/Youth , Media control, Economic policies, Effects of German lives

And for Russia

Russia in 1914 Straength of g'ment, society, opposition groups

March 1917 Causes : WW1 deaefeats food transport politics Rasputin Revolution

Failure of Prov G'ment Staying in way, associated problems

Bolsheviks Lenin, April thesis, July days, Kornilov, Revolution (again)

Consolidation + a new russia? Brest-Litovsk, totalitarian control, civil war, war communism, kronstadt, NEP, USSR

Stalin Struggle with Trotsky and others, Purges, Propoganda etc., Collectivisation, 5 year plans, ,effects on USSR people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyboy123)
    Doing Germany and Russia

Germany the main topics are -

Weimar 1918-23 Peace,Treaty of Versailles, Consitution, Spartacists, Kapp Putsch, Ruhr, Hyperinflation, Munich Putch

Recovery 1924-29 Stresseman, Dawes + Young PLans, Locarno, ,Wall Street Crash

Nazism to 1929 Early Hitler, Nazi idedas, ,Mein Kampf

Growth to 1933 Reasons for growth, Events of 1932-Jan 33

Dictatorship Reichstag fire, election, enabling act, gleichschaltung, night of the long knives, death of hindeneburg

Nazi control + benifits Gestappo SS, ,Persectuion, Education/Youth , Media control, Economic policies, Effects of German lives

And for Russia

Russia in 1914 Straength of g'ment, society, opposition groups

March 1917 Causes : WW1 deaefeats food transport politics Rasputin Revolution

Failure of Prov G'ment Staying in way, associated problems

Bolsheviks Lenin, April thesis, July days, Kornilov, Revolution (again)

Consolidation + a new russia? Brest-Litovsk, totalitarian control, civil war, war communism, kronstadt, NEP, USSR

Stalin Struggle with Trotsky and others, Purges, Propoganda etc., Collectivisation, 5 year plans, ,effects on USSR people
    thanks for the summary, i feel better after reading that, lol two yrs work into what ten lines, lol

ReputationRep:
    Doing Germany and Russia

And for Russia

Ook, i'm doing Russia and from that point i have no idea who/what Brest-Litovsk, Totalitarian control and Kronstadt are... Anyone give me a brief summary or somewhere where i could check them out?

Please.

ReputationRep:
    The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk was signed by Trotsky . It was an armistacee signed in December 1917 between Russian and Germany to end the war on the eastern front. Trotsky delayedd it as much as possible hoping that a communist revolution would take place in Germany before it was finished. It didnt and the RUssians lost a lot of land and people to Germany

kronstadt is a naval base in Russi. The sailors were fed up with the bolshevik control in 1921. Annoyed about lack of deemocracy and war communism. they basically rebeled a bit. It was an uprising against communism. Trotsky told the Red Army to attack the sailors about about 500 people died. 8000 sailors left Russia to live in FInland

Totalitarian control is basically the hard way that the communists ran the country with people being killed for the slightest thing. i think

ReputationRep:
    Ah cheers so there will not be a full blown essay on them?

ReputationRep:
    No they probably wont even come up

ReputationRep:
    No they probably wont even come up
    Perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I hope we get "How far did the USA achieve prosperity in the 1920s"
    Sorry ~ that question came up last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *nuj*)
    am doin american west, anyone else had the joy of learning about cowboys and indians?
    Yup, it's easy to revise for, thank God.

ReputationRep:
    w8 a moment i thoight paper 2 was sourcework abput the liberal forms and so on . and also suffrigist and sufreggetes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Yes, you should have two topics to learn. I'm doing USA and Russia.
    Thanks for the help people!
    I can only remember doing Germany noy Russia or anything else.
    does tht mean ive done extended Germany or sumit?
    help me out!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.