Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any fans out there?

saw him live in oxford last night.

ReputationRep:
    yes, he's class, what was he like live? what songs he preform? i got Revolutionary Volume 1 & 2 and couple of freestyles etc, who esle you into?

ReputationRep:
    he was great live. was due on at 1 but not on stage til about half past. club had to shut at 2 but he carried on til quarter past when they did actually close the club, then went into the street outside where he signed stuff and chatted to the massive crowd around him.

my memory is a bit sketchy, but the one's i remember are; no me importa, point of no return, harlem streets, and the one about the guy raping his own mother.

don't really like that much other modern u.s. stuff apart from common and wu-tang (i've got madvillian and nas to listen to but haven't had the chance yet), i prefer uk h-h (format, braintax, jehst, manuva, taskforce, lewis parker, etc.).

you?

ReputationRep:
    and the one about the guy raping his own mother.
    Dance With The Devil *shudders* amazing storytelling

I used to listen to him loads... love The 4th Branch and The Point of No Return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    Dance With The Devil *shudders* amazing storytelling

I used to listen to him loads... love The 4th Branch and The Point of No Return.
    he did 4th branch too.

was he really present like he says in dance with the devil?

ReputationRep:
    ^ I remember reading an interview where he was asked that... but can't for the life of me recall what his answer was.

ReputationRep:
    naa he wasnt present, dont think so anyway, am into **** load of stuff ill give you a quick run down

US
    Wu-Tang
    Common
    Mos Def
    Talib Kweli
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Non-Phixion
    MF Doom (Madvillin)
    Nas
    Papoose
    Canibus
    Eminem (early stuff)
    De La Soul
    Dead Prez
    Immortal Technique
    etc

UK
    Jehst
    Phi-Life
    Braintax
    Roots Manuva
    Skinnyman
    Taskforce
    etc

I would glady give a bit more indepth explaination about these artists if you want, or send you anything you want (which i have).

ReputationRep:
    my mate lent me a quasimoto cd too, but i dont really like his style.

its another of mf doom's alter egos isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    ummm im not sure, i think (think mind you) that he produces for MF Doom and rap's a bit as well but dont quote me on that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.