Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mobile phones are banned in hospitals becuase the radio signals affect the hospitals highly sensative equipment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    how dangerous are mobiles
    depends how many sharp bits there are, and how fast its spinning when it falls off the lamp shade onto the baby's cot. course all that string and wire... could get tangled up in that. Actually, they seem more and more like a death trap to me come to think of it. Should be banned. Yup, banned out right. Even the soft fluffy ones. Don't care if they get the baby to sleep. Nope...

what's that?

not that sort of mobile?

oh, the phone thing.

right.

ReputationRep:
    the old mobiles used to be quite dangerous but the modern ones are designed to prevent radiation causing you problems so i wouldn't say they're a danger really, besides i hardly use mine

(Original post by AT82)
    Mobile phones are banned in hospitals becuase the radio signals affect the hospitals highly sensative equipment.
    see this

ReputationRep:
    Unles you over-use them, they're only dangerous for draining out your money when you check your balance and you've lost £'s for a short call.

ReputationRep:
    ma ear gets really HOT when imon tha fone for more than 30 mins???..wats that bout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    there not that bad... after all, its been proven that mobiles can safely be used in hospitals, petrol stations etc without any bad effects
    yeah no bad effects to computers in the hospital but they're not going to say anything about the effects on people just like they didnt when smoking started in the 60s phone companies just want your money

ReputationRep:
    All i should say is use a hands free and keep it away from your body.

ReputationRep:
    i can hear how dangerous phones are.

because i can hear signal coming through into the phone (i cant use it normally because of this because there is so much it overpowers peoples voices)
    i can always hear when a text is about to come through...aswell lol.

just the fact that i can hear this makes me feel they are very dangerous!

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't say they're dangerous, but then i wouldn't say they're too safe.

if you use it for over half an hour, you can (or at least i can) feel the effects. it's more of a "watch this space" thing, because although there's been nothing too bad about mobiles over the last 20 years, there hasn't been anything to completely prove their safety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)

because i can hear signal coming through into the phone (i cant use it normally because of this because there is so much it overpowers peoples voices)

are you talking about the buzzing type noises you hear around objects with speakers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)

Yeah i keep it away from me like 6 inches and text and use hands free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    are you talking about the buzzing type noises you hear around objects with speakers?
    sorta...

its cuz i have an analogue hearing aid i can hear all these weird things.

other things that make these noises are things like

- store detectors (the things that stop u from nicking anything)
    - tvs/ speakers make a hell of a noise

and cars do too

im weird lol

ReputationRep:
    Having said all this my dad works with a satelite truck for granada and they give off ten times as much radiation and he said you have to stand in front of it constantly for 20 years for it to make any difference.
    i'm just saying as a precaution to use it less and phones have been out for a long time so i suppose you shouldn't worry about it. just use it less or hands free. it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    You can request a radiation chart from most mobile manufacturer that shows how much radiation you can be exposed to when using this phone.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.