Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am currently taking my A2 exams this week, and have put down for them to be cashed in after these exams. However, I know I wont do very good on one of the exams.

Would I be able to resist one of these exams, to improve my mark, as I didnt do particularly well at AS on one of them either.

HOw do I go about letting the excam board know that I want to resit it, and would my school allow me to do so? Would the fact that Ill be at uni affect my positon?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think your school will still let you decline your grade so you can resit as long as you do it before the deadline, but if your grades get you into university, what would be the point of resitting? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you can decline your grade if you're not happy with the end result, and then resit. I've done this myself, got my results last september, then decided to re do some papers in december, and got myself put down for summer exams

just talk to your exam officer, or your head of year for advice.

I do think its worth re sitting, even if you do get into university. Your a levels do count when you apply for jobs, especially work placements during your degree, and if you're sure you can do better, it's worth it to make yourself look better on paper in my oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    So can you still get into uni AND decline the grade?

m0.

ReputationRep:
    I shouldnt have a problem with getting into uni with my results, as I have got allmost full marks on the courswork for one subject, and the exam coundlt have been easier. So if I get an A in that subject plus my E in an AS subject, I can get into uni no problems.

However, assuming I go to uni, is there anything stopping me resitting say two Alevel exams while im at university, ie going back to my college to do them, while studying at uni?

How do you go about declining grades, and when does it have to be done by?

Thanks for your advice so far!

ReputationRep:
    unis only get result from UCAS thats been aggregated(cached).

if you decline, UCAS will NOT send the result

ReputationRep:
    I asked my university, and they gave me permission to redo some a levels.

However, i found the workload of 2 a level resits + uni work too much. So, i dropped out, and re applied to much better insitutions and recieved conditional offers, which i'm now working towards meeting.

ReputationRep:
    good move

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynam1)
    Hi

I am currently taking my A2 exams this week, and have put down for them to be cashed in after these exams. However, I know I wont do very good on one of the exams.

Would I be able to resist one of these exams, to improve my mark, as I didnt do particularly well at AS on one of them either.

HOw do I go about letting the excam board know that I want to resit it, and would my school allow me to do so? Would the fact that Ill be at uni affect my positon?

Thanks!
    Yes, you will be able to resit them to improve your grade. You will need to tell your school that you want to resit. You will have to pay for the exam fees though. It might affect you in uni, as the workload will increase. I would try to do them in january or something, as most resits happen in that month.

ReputationRep:
    HI

I know I need 140 points for my conditonal offer, which I will meet easily. However, I was looking to resit History, as I know I havent done well on this, though I wont need the UCAS points from this subject. Would declining my grade and resitting affect my uni situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynam1)
    HI

I know I need 140 points for my conditonal offer, which I will meet easily. However, I was looking to resit History, as I know I havent done well on this, though I wont need the UCAS points from this subject. Would declining my grade and resitting affect my uni situation?
    It shouldn't do- as long as you get 140 points, your university has to accept you, so if the workload isn't too bad and you'd be able to get back to your school or college to resit, it should be fine.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.