Turn on thread page Beta

Whenever I eat an apple I get an itchy throat... watch

ReputationRep:
    Well i guess it depends on a lot of factors. She said she ate loooads of apples at a younger age and that's what probably caused it. So maybe if you ate them less frequently, it wouldn't be so bad...?

ReputationRep:
    Try peeling the apples before you eat them and see if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww maybe u ate a worm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    ...why does this happen?

It also feels like my eardrums itch too. Not insanely but it's very annoying for about 15 minutes. It puts me off eating apples, and I love apples

Mum said I was being silly :rolleyes: But there has to be a reason for it!
    give them to me and you'll stop suffering

ReputationRep:
    wellp, its better to go consult ure gp about that kinda stuff,, there are also tons of info over the net so just take a browse and assess em..

i have itchy reactions to chilli food, pineapples, and eggplants

and worst is, i cant eat shrimps and lobsters =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    ...why does this happen?

It also feels like my eardrums itch too. Not insanely but it's very annoying for about 15 minutes. It puts me off eating apples, and I love apples

Mum said I was being silly :rolleyes: But there has to be a reason for it!
    sounds like your allergic

There's a test that you could get done - I don't know its official name, something like a food intolerance test. Basically, you get little traces of loads of different foods put on the inside of your forearm, and you wait to see how badly your skin has reacted to the patch. My mum's friend has had it done and it discovered quite a few different allegies/food intolerances that she had. Once she cut out those foods, or at least ate less of them, she felt so much better!

Anyway, I think you should visit your doctor if it gets worse or its worrying you

ReputationRep:
    You guys get itchy throats from eating apples???? Well my lips swell up with a burning sensation as well as my throat ithching. This happens basically will all kinds of fruit, even so, tropical fruits are the worst.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.