Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    pretty girls with lacking personality get cheated on...

i call them ornaments... they look good, but don't really do anything.

ReputationRep:
    looks are what attracts them, personality is what keep them there!

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    It's all subjective - someone who looks pretty to you may not neccessarily be to another, with the age old phrase - "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Same with personality. Everyone has a personality, it's just up to each person whether he/she gets along with that type of personality I guess.

IMO, this poll and thread is pretty pointless, not all boys'll think the same nor all girls so it really shouldn't be anything definitive. However, that said, I would like to see how the results'll turn out. For both men and women, at the attraction stage it's probably looks initially then personality after though with the internet age it's increasingly becoming reversed. For a main relationship, it should be a nice balance between both - and again is in the eye of the person viewing and being with the other.

This poll should really be "what do PEOPLE look for in others", not really limiting it to boys. Strip away the physical differences and you'll find boys and girls are very much the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    looks are what attracts them, personality is what keep them there!

love Katy***
    no no

proper hygiene keeps them there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    no no

proper hygiene keeps them there
    nah men like *dirty* girls too!

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    nah men like *dirty* girls too!

love Katy***
    oh yeah... nothing like a bit of *dirt* but theres nothing worse then flossing your teeth with last nights pizza.

eeeewwwww! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    oh yeah... nothing like a bit of *dirt* but theres nothing worse then flossing your teeth with last nights pizza.

eeeewwwww! :p:
    lol, i can think of worst things than last nights pizza....i actually quite like cold pizza...

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    I'm not nasty, or shallow, but I voted looks. You'll nearly always be attracted to a woman through looks at first, such is the nature of men.
    I don't have personality x ray specs, does that make me have a hidden penis? :eek:

It's the same with all people, human nature. However, for the relationship to work there must also be a compatability of personality.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i can think of worst things than last nights pizza....i actually quite like cold pizza...

love Katy***
    haha... well what ever floats your boat, I'll see what I can do.

Any preference on topping, sausage? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Rather than a fit girl with a really annoying personality or a ugly bird with a great personality...

I'd go for a cute average looking girl with an alright personality. She'd be a freak in bed too

ReputationRep:
    You'll nearly always be attracted to a woman through looks at first, such is the nature of men.
    It's the nature of women also - we, as humans, just anything (not just potential partners) by their looks initially, sometimes without noticing or even realising. Going on both as a whole is good, having that visual and mental/emotional attraction I feel is good, a nice balance is a good relationship.

It becomes shallow, IMO, when it lacks the interest in personality - i.e. only going out with him/her because of their looks.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, most definitely. Women saying that only men are shallow is as equally annoying as men saying that it is the nature of males to be shallow. Our minds constantly assess physical attractiveness and body language at first, which of course initially attracts us to that person. Not every character trait can be separated in two boxes, not any for that matter.

I mean, it depends on what sort of relationship you're after too- a quickie=looks over personality, long term= good equilibrium of the two, and friends = personality over looks.

ReputationRep:
    Men are initially attracted on looks, women go more for confidence. It's basically Darwinian - we're looking for something healthy to have our children and they're looking for something able to protect the nest.

Now that's out of the way, no one ever porks chubbers when sober. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinza75)
    what do boys consider important, looks or personality, or something else? what if a girl was ugly but really nice?
    personality is more important, but it should be noted it would be difficult or impossible for a lot of people to go out with someone they thought were "ugly".

you need to be attracted to the person.

put it this way...id rather go out with a girl with a nice personality who looks nice/fine/ok (whatever word you want to use), than go out with a stunner who was a complete *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    than go out with a stunner who was a complete *****.
    and they're the most common type..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hel437)
    ooh...harsh. but possibly true
    however ugly girls tend to get the fittest guys. ive noticed anyway

What???????????????????????????? ???????? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    the nicest looking guys tend to have ugly-ish girlfriends. i think. but that may just be a generalisation :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hel437)
    the nicest looking guys tend to have ugly-ish girlfriends. i think. but that may just be a generalisation :s
    Probably true(ish). My boyfriend's gorgeous compared to me, and I'm not trying to be harsh to myself!

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    sorry to say but most guys that talk abt having hot chicks and looks are the most important tend to either have horrible personalities or tend to be bad looking.

ReputationRep:
    depends i mean ur not gonna go for one extream or the other, i think the best is a happy medium. i mean looks first attract a guy and then a personality keeps him there... but u could get to know a guy with personality and u could grow on him and become hottor in his eyes,

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.