Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that I, for one, am not the kind of guy who goes up to a girl because she is visually attractive. My experience has been that I get to know a girl first and then gradually find myself attracted to them physically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_Bomb)
    I'd be quite happy to have sex/blow job/whatever from a nice girl who's a friend after having a few drinks!!!!
    Oh god. You'd have one person who I know then. :rolleyes: I don't think I could do that.

ReputationRep:
    I know its harsh but being reasonably good looking is the big factor, but on the other hand i wouldent date a stunner with an awful personality either.

But the main thing is that we men want to show off our g/f's not drag a minger around to get joked about by peers.

I know thats awful and harsh, but its true

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you can really judge whats more important but u need both looks and personality for sure. thing is you can make yourself believe that sum stunner is a rly great person when theyre not. on the other hand its hard to make urself beliueve that sum minger with a great personality is physically attratctive..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinza75)
    what do boys consider important, looks or personality, or something else? what if a girl was ugly but really nice?
    erm hold up.....i go for girls too....uve left out lesbians and bisexuals! lol

i go for personailty definatly...looks are a bonus

ReputationRep:
    Personality definately! Although looks do play a part, you do have to be slightly attracted to someone.

ReputationRep:
    if it came to absolute extremes, then I'd say looks, but in the real world Is say personality is more important.

ReputationRep:
    A mixture of both I'd say!
    no ugly gurl with brains
    n beauty with no brains
    all end up being frends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    Probably true(ish). My boyfriend's gorgeous compared to me, and I'm not trying to be harsh to myself!

Cxx
    yeh it is quite often the case

ReputationRep:
    Why would that be the case though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spenceman_)
    Why would that be the case though?
    because the girl is going out with a better looking guy?

ReputationRep:
    I mean what allows to say that it is *quite often* the case? I'm just interested too see if anyone can come with any plausible reasons as to why it might me more common, in general, than a different scenario.

ReputationRep:
    I mean what allows to say that it is *quite often* the case? I'm just interested too see if anyone can come with any plausible reasons as to why it might me more common, in general, than a different scenario.
    ok, as someone said its all subjective etc *yawn*

but the reason i said that is because everyone keeps telling me im too good for my gf (looks wise), which I dont like really.

ReputationRep:
    Which ever boys say personality are lying. Boys will first approach attrative girls over uglier ones, then personality counts. Its a way of filtering out the girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    Which ever boys say personality are lying. Boys will first approach attrative girls over uglier ones, then personality counts. Its a way of filtering out the girls.
    im glad this boy feels he can speak for the entire male population :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like people saying that either. However it may well be an undeniable and objectively true trend, I can't say I've done research to prove otherwise or anything! And if this were the case then it would be pretty interesting as to why it was the case...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like people saying that either. However it may well be an undeniable and objectively true trend, I can't say I've done research to prove otherwise or anything! And if this were the case then it would be pretty interesting as to why it was the case...
    yeh well, u ever seen "ur face or mine" with j carr?

they used to have the public voting who was the nicest out of the couple, that was good.

i think there is an answer to who the general public think is nicer in a couple so its not big headed to say im better looking to most people than my gf. but that dosent matter at the end of the day does it.

ReputationRep:
    Fine, i would like one male to honestly say they have approached the least unattractive person over the attractive o nes, as they thought she had a good persoanlity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    Fine, i would like one male to honestly say they have approached the least unattractive person over the attractive o nes, as they thought she had a good persoanlity.
    ok, me.

u never played 'pull a pig'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    ok, me.

u never played 'pull a pig'?
    well played sm0273 well played...... :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.