ACCESS to Higher Education Cert. for mature students. Plz read Watch

This discussion is closed.
JayUK
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I am starting an Access course in september. I am 22 years old. The course requires me to study 4 subjects. I have chosen History, Literary studies, Sociology and Psychology. I haven't done any studying since school and I am a little nervous. When I finish I want to progress on to a Law Degree. Has anyone got ANY info. that may be helpful to me, whether it may be subject help, personal experiences, advise etc? I would really appreciate any help at all. Thanx.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I was a mature access student last year. The only advice I can give you is to keep up to date with the assignments and learn as much as you can about organisation. This will be very useful when you go to Uni. It is the best thing I have done and Uni is great!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
My advice, is think well ahead before choosing your subjects at uni level, check out the job market and make sure you take something you know will provide you with access to employment.
Make sure to give yourself a break every twenty mins of study, beleive me you will benefit. Only a short break.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I too was very nervous when I took the massive step of going back to education.
For your access course I highly recommend a study friend that you can bounce ideas off of. It can sometimes seem impossible if you try to do everthing on your own. Having someone as your support will also help when you are flagging. It will also boost your own moral when you have been able to help others.
Don't give up. Remenber you are not on your own.

Good Luck
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Are you thinking of doing an open university course or actually going to a physical campus?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I'm working towards finishing my Access course in IT. The best advice that I could give is to keep on top with everything, keep organsed, and prepare for a steep learning curve.

Also, try to remember that everyone else there is just as nervous as you are.

Finally, enjoy the course. It's good preparation for university.

Good Luck
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%