The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Medicine is probably highly contested, especially at the top uni's
Reply 2
Not sure how you find out, but my course is very over-subscribed.

It's leeds, economics and management studies.
Reply 3
I found out the Bristol statistics in there 'online prospectus', so I suppose you could do that with all universities.

It is quite scary when you are applying and you have a 25:1 ration of applicants to places.
English Lit at Nottingham - 2500 applicants for 100 places... :frown:
serendipity

Psychology at Nottingham 3000+ applicants for 100 places...
Reply 6
According to the Times Uni Guide, the most applied for course is Computer Science (my course) but the most oversbscribed (in terms of places per applicants) is probably Medicine or Vetinary Science (I think)!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Im applying for vet med and the competition is very fierce for around 70/80 places at each of only 6 UK veterinary schools...its not as if we have a lot of choice for where to apply!
Reply 8
rah
Psychology at Nottingham 3000+ applicants for 100 places...

Makes me feel special :biggrin:
Reply 9
serendipity

How does thee find out these stats?
Reply 10
James_W
How does thee find out these stats?

Some unis include them in the propectus.
Reply 11
Neogandalf
Does anyone know any undergraduate courses that are ridiculouly over subscribed

I'd better set the benchmark so...

History at Bristol has 1826 applicants for 72 places

Anyone know a higher one?

its quite worrying when i know some of the people who got places and wonder how the hell they got it.
Reply 12
emom100
its quite worrying when i know some of the people who got places and wonder how the hell they got it.

midwifery is baaaad.
one of the courses i've applied for has 10 places and god knows how many applicants.
Reply 13
Post-Graduate fast-track medical course are the most over-subscribed I've heard of. Can't remember the ratio, though.
Reply 14
nooooo it cant be 30:1 for Psychology at Nottingham....why did nobody tell me this BEFORE i applied?? :frown:
*Riz*
nooooo it cant be 30:1 for Psychology at Nottingham....why did nobody tell me this BEFORE i applied?? :frown:

anything at nottingham is heavily oversubscribed and it is top in the country for psych but seriously dont worry! what are your predicted grades? if you've got AAB or above you've got a good chance i reckon, or if you have science a levels
Reply 16
Is it really 30:1 for Psychology @ Nottingham?! Wow....I should be really happy I got an offer then!! :biggrin:
Reply 17
I have applied to Management at LSE.... In 2002 they took 59 out of 1359 that applied!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 18
Where did you ppl get the information for Nott?
Reply 19
Could be a problem then - my predicted grades are ABB :s-smilie: Why didnt I try to get that B moved up to A in maths....