Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Why are you going to boarding school? :confused:
    to do A levels lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    to do A levels lol.
    I know. Why a boarding school or not a private school or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    What are you all going to study at college? (I have my induction day tomorrow -scarry!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I know. Why a boarding school or not a private school or something like that?
    because this boarding school is a grammar school and because i dont have grammar or private schools in my area, I am moving to another area, where I would have to a boarding student.

ReputationRep:
    im really nervous! im a shy person sometimes so im worried. lol but i am sooooooooooooo glad i wont be going to (hopefully) and same college as people from my school, they are all going to, croydon, richmond, sfx, kingston and coulsdon etc...

ReputationRep:
    yeh I'm quite a shy person and very worried about making friends - especially on my taster day - but I'm sure it will be fine once I'm there. I'm like that too - there are alot of people I'm very glad to be getting away from frm my old school!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting college in September too - and I think there are only 2 other people from my school going to the same college. I'm not too worried because you have to keep in mind that if you're going to a new college, everyone is in the same boat, i.e. they are all starting fresh.

What subjects are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisha)
    I'm starting college in September too - and I think there are only 2 other people from my school going to the same college. I'm not too worried because you have to keep in mind that if you're going to a new college, everyone is in the same boat, i.e. they are all starting fresh.

combined eng
    goverment and politics ? maybe
    photography
    drama

ReputationRep:
    i was scared at starting at college. knew NO ONE

1st induction day. met as awesum guy was a really fun day.. we had this weird task of finding things out... was weird. lmao

but other than that. if your continuing a subject from gcse to AS its not as big as a jump... alot more to do.. but the big jump comes at a2 lol

next year im taking psychology a2 law a2 and computing as cause i hate ict and not doing a2 lol

ReputationRep:
    I had my college induction day today. I am the only person from ym school going to that college and I live in another area so I didnt know anyone! It was quite scarry - but I was introduced to a student who was already at the college and stayed with her most of the day.

It was quite a scarry experaince. However I'm sure that in september - people will be more willing to make new friends and it will be lot easier once we are in a class with people etc etc.

I'm taking A level

biology
    music technology
    drama and theatre studies
    physics(from home)

although I had a bit of a scarry and dissapointing day - I'm still looking forward to september and meeting more people. (I felt the same after my year 7 induction day and managed!)

ReputationRep:
    I would do go to College, but my parents won't let me, so i will only got there if i have worse GCSE results than expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilko_777)
    I would do go to College, but my parents won't let me, so i will only got there if i have worse GCSE results than expected.
    they wont let you?

at the end of the day its not your decision
    i would talk to connexions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilko_777)
    Your parents won't let you go to college? That is a bit strange. I think you should go if you really want to. It's your education, and not their's.

ReputationRep:
    im starting a new college this sept too
    all of my friends are going to our schools sixth form but im going to this new college (winstanley..duno if any1s heard of it) cos its got a course that my sixth form doesnt..theres only i think 3 other people i know going and they're not really gonna be in my classes
    so yah just a tad nervous :afraid:
    its like an hour bus ride in a morning :eek:
    but im still really looking forward to it
    cant wait to dump maths and science and religion wohoo :p:
    (no offence to anyone taking them btw )
    plus its a pretty good college (sumat like 4th best in england :confused: )
    so i cant wait to get rid of all the a*seholes that were at my other school :rolleyes:
    so fingers crossed should be a sucess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyGrace)
    ... im going to this new college (winstanley..duno if any1s heard of it)
    Most of my friends are going to Winstanley . Appears to be quite a good establishment.

Michael

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyGrace)
    all of my friends are going to our schools sixth form but im going to this new college (winstanley..duno if any1s heard of it)
    Ooh, I'm going to Winstanley!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsailor)
    Most of my friends are going to Winstanley . Appears to be quite a good establishment.

Michael
    We'll miss you, Michael.

Shame you couldn't make it to the party on Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmjp)
    Ooh, I'm going to Winstanley!
    yeh? cool
    im taking spanish(gcse+a-level), french, english lit/lang and law
    what bout u?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.