Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone?
kelxx88
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Hi,
I am applying for a PGCE social science (my degree is psychology/sociology) i sent my application off yesterday! EEK! first choice was IOE. have you applied yet?

Kelly
questionmark
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
(Original post by kelxx88)
Hi,
I am applying for a PGCE social science (my degree is psychology/sociology) i sent my application off yesterday! EEK! first choice was IOE. have you applied yet?

Kelly
Oh finally someone else!
I sent my application yesterday as well. My first choice was also IOE then Leicester than Manchester Metropolitan Uni. My degree is in Psychology. Worried about the competition for places! Do you have a lot of teaching experience? Where else did you apply?
Wild Rose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm thinking of applying but I hope I don't leave it too late, I'm currently figuring out if I'm cut out to be a teacher.. So irritated that only one place in London does PGCE Social Sci, that completely limits me!
questionmark
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wild Rose)
I'm thinking of applying but I hope I don't leave it too late, I'm currently figuring out if I'm cut out to be a teacher.. So irritated that only one place in London does PGCE Social Sci, that completely limits me!
Theres still vacancies, general deadline is 1st december (i think?). I know! I've applied to that one, Leicester and Man Met. I'm still in two minds but rather apply than not.
STAR A
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi,
I have applied to study sociology and psychology at university and I hope to then take the social science pgce.
Has anyone got any advice or where you studied and graduated sociology and psychology.
Thank you
rachel214
Report 7 years ago
Hi!

Just wondering how everyone who applied this year has got on?

I want to do a PGCE in social science but I'm slightly concerned at how competitive it seems to be!

Is there any advice you can offer me in terms of getting any extra experience that might help me get an interview/place?
I've organised some observations in schools and colleges which I know you have to have done but struggling to think of something original haha!

Any help would be huuugely appreciated! Thank you!
xSamx
Report 7 years ago
Hi Rachel,

I am due to start PGCE Psychology in Sept 2011 at Keele.

With regards to experience, your doing the exact thing I would have advised you to do, GO AND OBSERVE! At the interview they will want to see that you understand the role of behaviour management, Different learning styles, the role of the teacher. I would suggest you get as MUCH experience in as you can, to make you stand out from others who may have little experience. I have been a TA for a year and taught some lessons to health and social care, so that was what I was able to emphasise at my interview. Could you do some voluntary support work in the classroom? Rather than just observe, possibly observe some lessons then actually support in them lessons once your comfortable in doing so.

Places have been halved nationally, keele had 15 psychology and 15 sociology PGCE students last year, I am now 1 of 7 for September, so competition is high!

When are you planning on starting PGCE?

Sam
rahana311
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello I have just read this forum and I want to do PGCE either in secondary Psychology or social science and need help with getting experience how do you go about contacting the schools do you write a letter or call them up and there arent many schools that do psychology and sociology at GCSE???

Also I would like to look at some pgce psychology or social science personal statements to get an idea of how people have put them experience into the personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads