Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    o god ><
    the time is close...........I'm trying to cram unit 2 revision right now and it is not fun...at all..
    I figured if we all work out what came up on the unit 1,2 and 3 retake..we could predict what's gona come up?
    Anyone took the unit 2 and 3 retake?wat was on it if u dun mind sharing.
    In terms of unit 1 , there was:

diagrams.yukyukyuk of cells and golgi
    calculations on magnifications
    cell membrane (weird one)
    DUN THINK there was n e on enzymes...

..there wasnt anything on DNA replication,transcription etc..so I really think thats goin to come up..somewhere..unit 5 or 6.....
    can't remember much....
    anyway gd luck 2 u all!!!!!!!!!! :p: n thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    there was protein synthesis on unit 1 too!

ReputationRep:
    was there>?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't do any retakes. i'm so worried about this exam and unit 6, theres soooo much to learn!! help me! how have you guys been revising for these papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayley_1604)
    i didn't do any retakes. i'm so worried about this exam and unit 6, theres soooo much to learn!! help me! how have you guys been revising for these papers?
    just read through your notes from AS level, you'll probably remember more of it than you though you would!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, units 5 and 6 this week!!

Unit 5 went in after a day of serious revision, units 1 and 4 went in... alright... but its units 2 and 3, for some reason my brain just refuses to learn ANYTHING. Just had a history synoptic exam today, so my brains decided to shutdown in protest lol

Best of luck to everyone, and I really hope enzymes do come up, we did them in chemistry as well, so I'm very good at them!

It'll all be over by the weekend! (well, biology will be anyway)

ReputationRep:
    *Is going to fail*

ReputationRep:
    Too much on brain!!! I can't process all this information. Will be a looooonnnngggg night

ReputationRep:
    This is the first exam I'm actually freaking out about. I can't get any of it to stay in my head

ReputationRep:
    oh god tel me about it, I am cramming the last few chapters and none of it is going in, I have worked hard, but I can't rmember anything. I have to get an A in it too I am going to cry

ReputationRep:
    Crap its worth so much of the A2 and I havn't even revised any of the AS stuff! *panics*

ReputationRep:
    As the great Homer Simpson said..Everytime i learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain!
    Im screwed! All that A/S crap to remember, im going to gamble and remember select stuff from each unit. Good luck people!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know any AS stuff, any of my option, or most of unit 5. So... I'm pretty screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I don't know any AS stuff, any of my option, or most of unit 5. So... I'm pretty screwed
    I am exactly the same!

While we're here, anyone care to explain epsps/ipsps/summation :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    epsps/ipsps/summation :confused:
    Omg! What?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Omg! What?!
    something to do with nerves, I think

ReputationRep:
    I am exactly the same!

While we're here, anyone care to explain epsps/ipsps/summation :confused:
    Is that excitary (sp?!?!?) postsynaptic potential and inhibitory postsynaptic potential or have I lost the plot?!?!
    Excitary is a result of depolarisation, inhibitory is hyperpolarisation. I don't honestly think we need to know this though!!

ReputationRep:
    something to do with nerves, I think
    Ok I've never even heard of it! :eek:
    epsps/ipsps??? Does that stand for something?

ReputationRep:
    ....im scared....lol

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a really retarded q, but could someone give me a nice little summary of transcription and translation? 'Cos I think it'll come up, but I can't find my AS notes on it

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 20, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.