Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late for ucasextra via ucas.com??
    That means I have to make my application using the Extra Entry Form??

How long will I get the Form normally after I have declined the offers??

Can you guys tell me more about Ucasextra??
    I am really nervous that I would not have enough time to apply ucasextra because the deadline is coming soon.

Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Well I got rejected from my 6 choices... and then I applied for a completely different course (from Economics to Civil Engineering) at Imperial... I called them and explained my situation before applying and they told me to send them an additional PS... then I applied... as 15 working days have passed and I received nothing I called them again... then a week after again... and then again... and finally they passed me with the admission tutour... and she told me she had send me a letter with an offer!!! I took like 3 more weeks to be updated on UCAS though... and the offer was higher than usual!!! But I got it!!!
    So... before declining offers I'd call the university you are interested in... However I dont remeber whether the line was the 12 of June or July!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    Well I got rejected from my 6 choices... and then I applied for a completely different course (from Economics to Civil Engineering) at Imperial... I called them and explained my situation before applying and they told me to send them an additional PS... then I applied... as 15 working days have passed and I received nothing I called them again... then a week after again... and then again... and finally they passed me with the admission tutour... and she told me she had send me a letter with an offer!!! I took like 3 more weeks to be updated on UCAS though... and the offer was higher than usual!!! But I got it!!!
    So... before declining offers I'd call the university you are interested in... However I dont remeber whether the line was the 12 of June or July!
    Congratulations.
    the deadlin of the ucasextra via ucastrack is 12 of June.
    Therefore, I have to use the Extra Entry Form. I just wondered when ucas office will send it to me. I am an international student and I' m afraid that when I get the form, the deadlin has been over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red )
    Congratulations.
    the lin of the ucasextra via ucastrack is 12 of June.
    Therefore, I have to use the Extra Entry Form. I just wondered when ucas office will send it to me. I am an international student and I' m afraid that when I get the form, the lin has been over.
    I'd then... say... before you decline your offers ask they university you are interested in about the posibilities of them giving you an offer and then call UCAS...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I was wrong. The deadline is 12-July.
    But since the programme I would like to apply does not have places left according to ucas.com.

I have to use the Extra Entry Form.

By the way, I don't have that ucasextra button on the page of ucas track.
    Do you guys know why??
    I am sure I am eligible for ucasextra

ReputationRep:
    I'd then... say... before you decline your offers ask they university you are interested in about the posibilities of them giving you an offer and then call UCAS...
    That institution said they would give me an offer if my application arrived before the deadline

ReputationRep:
    Also, should the button for ucasextra appear immediately after one has declined the offers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Devil)
    Also, should the button for ucasextra appear immediately after one has declined the offers??
    No, wait until around 10PM BST.

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late for ucasextra via ucas.com??
    That means I have to make my application using the Extra Entry Form??

How long will I get the Form normally after I have declined the offers??

Can you guys tell me more about Ucasextra??
    I am really nervous that I would not have enough time to apply ucasextra because the deadline is coming soon.

Thank you very much
    You don't have to apply through UCAS extra, as the last deadline (not UCAS extra) is June 30. I would apply online to be quick instead of using paper application form. I'm assuming you don't have all your 6 uni's rejected you. If no uni's reject you, you can't participate in the UCAS extra scheme. To participate, you need to decline all your offers.

UCAS extra is a scheme where you can apply to more universities when you have all your offers rejected or they all decline you or you decline all of them. It's quite a risky thing to do, as extra spaces might be limited too. You would find only a few good and prestigious uni's, while there would be more extra places in ex-poly uni's. It depends how popular the course is before the extra scheme starts. If the course still have vaccancies and not that popular, obiviously it will be in the UCAS extra scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red )
    When my sixth choice rejected me... the ucas extra button appeared immediately

ReputationRep:
    It should actually. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Probably because they updated the decisions the same time as they update the eligibility for extra.

As trev said, Extra is risky but it can work if you contact the University you wish to apply to and ask them if they will make an offer. Also make sure it has a little X next to it on the course search, otherwise you won't be able to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris87)
    Probably because they updated the decisions the same time as they update the eligibility for extra.

As trev said, Extra is risky but it can work if you contact the University you wish to apply to and ask them if they will make an offer. Also make sure it has a little X next to it on the course search, otherwise you won't be able to apply.
    It seems that some uni's can't even fill places in the Extra scheme, and they have to go through the Clearing scheme to fill the places. Sometimes after these two schemes occur, they can't even fill the places. Therefore, the places still havn't been filled and the course will need to be started.

I didn't know that you could contact the uni's to offer you a place. I thought they will just give you an offer just like applying normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    It seems that some uni's can't even fill places in the Extra scheme, and they have to go through the Clearing scheme to fill the places. Sometimes after these two schemes occur, they can't even fill the places. Therefore, the places still havn't been filled and the course will need to be started.

I didn't know that you could contact the uni's to offer you a place. I thought they will just give you an offer just like applying normally.

Thank you very much, guys.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, guys.
    You're welcome. I'm just wondering what course and uni's did you apply to. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You're welcome. I'm just wondering what course and uni's did you apply to. :p:
    I was wondering the same thing... and what offers do you have that you do not like!

ReputationRep:
    Oh No.
    What should I do if I can going to apply to a programme with no listed vacancy on ucas.com?? That means I can apply via ucas.com??

The institution has promised to acccept my application.

ReputationRep:
    Oh No.
    What should I do if I can going to apply to a programme with no listed vacancy on ucas.com?? That means I can apply via ucas.com??

The institution has promised to acccept my application.
    What do you mean? You can apply to any course via ucas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    What do you mean? You can apply to any course via ucas.
    I meant the course I would like to apply do not have listed vacancies anymore.
    That is there is no cross beside the programme.

ReputationRep:
    So UCASExtra is a risky thing?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.