Turn on thread page Beta

EDEXCEL C2 JUN 05 => HOW DID IT GO? watch

ReputationRep:
    How Did You Guys Find The C2 Paper 2day?
    (this Is Early Because I Wanted 2 B Z First Person On Z Thread Muwahahaha)

ReputationRep:
    The other threads more of an Answer thread. I dont know the paper was generally alrite nothing to special. Last question probably confused a few people who didnt think of getting equation of line PQ.

Circles - Good
    Logs- good
    Trapezium rule- not bad
    geometric progression- good(thanks widowmaker for remindin every1 in revision thread or i would have totally never learnt it)
    intergration - tricky
    Sin Cos - Good (it was pretty gay that the range didnt really matter hopefully it was method marks though)
    bionomial expansion- good
    diffentiation - good
    Triangle stuff- good

I probably lost random marks here and there. I cant gurantee myself about the trapezium rule was the range 0-20 i think my h was
    h=20/6.

How about the last part on volume with the speed of water. I just did 120xarea got something in the 4000 doubt its correct though.

ReputationRep:
    I did the same, apparently some people started using there answer for the previous area question and that doesn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    just to clarify- on the logs, after cancelling out log 2 did you get

(x+1)/x=7

x+1=7x

1=6x

x=1/6

or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mala2k)
    The other threads more of an Answer thread. I dont know the paper was generally alrite nothing to special. Last question probably confused a few people who didnt think of getting equation of line PQ.

Circles - Good
    Logs- good
    Trapezium rule- not bad
    geometric progression- good(thanks widowmaker for remindin every1 in revision thread or i would have totally never learnt it)
    intergration - tricky
    Sin Cos - Good (it was pretty gay that the range didnt really matter hopefully it was method marks though)
    bionomial expansion- good
    diffentiation - good
    Triangle stuff- good

I probably lost random marks here and there. I cant gurantee myself about the trapezium rule was the range 0-20 i think my h was
    h=20/6.

How about the last part on volume with the speed of water. I just did 120xarea got something in the 4000 doubt its correct though.
    h was 20/5 (was in the formula book lol)

i messed up the part c) as i put 30 x 41.39 (that rings a bell), instead of 120

ReputationRep:
    i thought it wasnt that bad, although i messed up the integration question and only realised 1 minute before the end. how the hell do you prove y is increasing? i just put in random values of x higher than 2 and was like look! its increasing!
    i think i got the trig question the second part wrong. i was getting like sinx= 0.54 and then i was like thats ok then i tried to get sin-1 of x and it was like 0.5 so i thought thats not right and changed my calc to degrees lol. thats wrong i think i probably should have changed the radians into proper degrees?
    for the trapezium q i used h as 4. the b-a/n formula makes no sense to me as the mark schemes never agree. so i use the difference between the x points which works. this translates as b-a/ (n-1) for this one. the volume one i just did 60X 2 X my c.s. area. which i forget. all in all i think i got around 70% which is great as i hopefull only needed around 50% for an a.

ReputationRep:
    yeh x was 1/6. im so happy i got a log question i could do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mongoose87)
    how the hell do you prove y is increasing? i just put in random values of x higher than 2 and was like look! its increasing!
    you couldve said that as x increases, 16/x³ decreases, and so that 2-16/x³ would be positive. i put something like that, cant think of how to put it algebraically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.forster)
    you couldve said that as x increases, 16/x³ decreases, and so that 2-16/x³ would be positive. i put something like that, cant think of how to put it algebraically
    I was very easy just differentiate then if increasing make it >0 and work out x in a normal inequality equation.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha i think c2 is very easy, i finished it in 45 minutes ( yawn), i think its much easier than c1 n m1 lol. i 'm not too sure how u do the binomial expansion ( the last part) where u have to find p n q.

ReputationRep:
    HMm..

I couldnt do the binomial exp either.

The y increasing bit at the end.. I just proved that it was a turning point (grad=0)and a minimum...
    Not sure if thats a valid method tho.

"
    How about the last part on volume with the speed of water. I just did 120xarea got something in the 4000 doubt its correct though."

Sounds right to me, I got something like 3790 (in the high 3000s at least).

I couldn't remember how to prove a geom series, or the equation of a circle etc (lost SO many marks on that, SO annoyed about that).

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the question was which involved using the sine rule? It asked us to find sin x but I think I ended up solving it too; hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem as I probably wrote down what sin x was along the way anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i got about 5780 for volume of speed of water

ms^-1 => convert to minutes
    multiply by area = 5780 ish

ReputationRep:
    Circles - easy
    Logs- easy
    Trapezium rule- easy
    geometric progression- starred at it for 22 mins, finally clocked on and answered it, was a close shave!!
    intergration - easy, but room for silly mistakes
    Sin Cos - easy
    bionomial expansion- easy [when i came back to it - thanks widow maker giving me an example last week ]
    diffentiation - easy
    Triangle stuff- dodgy, may of messed 1 solution up [1 mark gone]

ReputationRep:
    any body got are = 6.75

ReputationRep:
    Very nice paper in my opinion.
    Harder than Jan05 though. 59-62 out of 75 for an A in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what they got for the trapezium rule? Cause, I somehow remember having to times the first part by 0, so all that was left was the 2( and the stuff inside the bracket)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    i think the grade boundary will be 62, i found it easier than jan'05. Maybe cause i'm better at it now, not sure.

for trapezium rule

i got values like

1.200,1.600,3.something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)
    Does anyone remember what they got for the trapezium rule? Cause, I somehow remember having to times the first part by 0, so all that was left was the 2( and the stuff inside the bracket)

thanks
    i think i got 43.something, the sum of y1-yn-1 was around 10, and then it was multiplied by 2 twice

ReputationRep:
    Trapezium Rule -sounds like what I got

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.