The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
yeah - now what are the differentials of those??
Reply 61
Yep looks right.
Reply 62
The sin2x+sec2x is right, but I seem to remember the other being {x+ln(2x)}2
Reply 63
yeah those are the two equations...so what did u guys diff them to?
Reply 64
it was an ok paper i thought, but it was much more harder than a P2 paper.
Reply 65
the 1st i got:
2sinxcox + 2sec2xtan2x
anyone else?
Reply 66
dy/dx=2sinx.cosx+2sec2xtan2x
and
dy/dx=2{x+ln(2x)}.(1+1/x)
Reply 67
C4>O7
and

wa-hey - yeah i got exactly that. nice one :smile:
Reply 68
C4>O7
and

Yep think I got them. Hope that I didn't forget to put the 2 before the sec2xtan2x ='3
Reply 69
Yup thats exactly wot i got although i write 2sinxcosx as sin2x will that make any difference?

tbh thought the p2 exam last june was very hard especially compared to this years c3 that might just be me though
Reply 70
C4>O7
and

wait sorry was the 2nd one not:

3{x+ln(2x)}^2.(1+1/x)??
Reply 71
Lau why 3?
Reply 72
coz the orginial equation was:
(x+ln(2x))^3 was it not?
then bring down the 3 for the power and then the new power of that bracket is 2
maybe i am wrong and got the qu wrong?
Reply 73
Hmm cant remember the q, if it was ^3 then youd be right. So doesnt matter :smile:
Reply 74
yeah its all cool!
wasn't a bad paper. not looking 4ward to C4 next tues though. got economics unit 6 on the monday too :s....and a busy weekend!
never mind...hopefully shouldn't need to many points in C4 for maths anyway.
what u all gonna do this afternoon? I have no more exams this week so may go and relax on the beach :smile:
Reply 75
TheWolf
Hmm cant remember the q, if it was ^3 then youd be right. So doesnt matter :smile:

it was ^3
Reply 76
i dunno y, but i found this paper rather hard, normally i sit back and relax when i do C3 and finish with time left but... i was rushing towards the end of this paper, did any one else find that this exam was much more tight on time then the other mocks/past papers?
I found it ok. for the question where we needed to find θ between 0 and pi, how many marks do you lose for putting a value above pi (I got the first two correct btw)
Reply 78
Featherflare
I found it ok. for the question where we needed to find θ between 0 and pi, how many marks do you lose for putting a value above pi (I got the first two correct btw)

im not sure - maybe 1 at most - but i did that too - i put 6.2 as my other value - oops....
never mind!
Reply 79
What an evil paper...*sigh*