Turn on thread page Beta

have many of you have stretch marks watch

ReputationRep:
    I think its based on absolute size, not growth speed..

ReputationRep:
    got some on my hips & inside of thighs & boobs - cant really see them on boobs but on my hips they're just white lines now & my thigs

ReputationRep:
    i have them on the backs of the tops of my legs, i forget they are there - everyone has them so i don't worry about them too much...they are the least of my worries when i'm in a bikkini!lol

ReputationRep:
    Mine are quite red but fade in the summer. I wear tiny clothes as I figure not many people will really notice them, it's probably just me being paranoid. And the more sun I get there the more they look better to me.

ReputationRep:
    Mine have never been purple or red, they've just always been faint white lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I think its based on absolute size, not growth speed..
    nah, if so then I'd have none at all. if you grow slowly nothing will happen as the skin will have time to stretch and adjust, if it happens to fast the skin cannot keep up with the growth and just brakes, that's what stretch marks are, broken skin. That's why they never go away.

ReputationRep:
    i got them on my inner thighs during the summer holidays after my GCSE's, when i went from playing sport almost every day to lazing about and eating junk food for 3 months!

and also, when you get one, you know that there's always more on the way!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheljane25)
    Ive got them on my thighs, hips and boobs which have gone white, but recently ive got som new ones on my belly which are annoying me, cant understand as im losing weight at the mo
    on the back of the cocoa butter i have it says to use for stretch marks due to pregnancy or weight loss.

i have silvery ones on my legs from ages ago, and more recently red ones on my hips cos i'm finally getting curvy lol, and the cocoa butter is really helping them.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, mum gave me some oils to use when i was first getting them but they didnt work grr :s: they have faded a lot over the years though

ReputationRep:
    i have them on my hips and a bit on theinside of my arms i really really want them to go away! like vanish! lol
    can you not get some sort of plastic surgeory to remove them or something?

ReputationRep:
    hmm probably but the trouble with that is there's a chance of scarring? i dunno ive tried to look it up before but wasnt very sucessful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i have them on my hips and a bit on theinside of my arms i really really want them to go away! like vanish! lol
    can you not get some sort of plastic surgeory to remove them or something?
    I'm not sure that there is much they can do except graft skin from a different part of your body onto the affected areas - and if you're like me that would be a lot of skin. I really doubt there is anything you can really do to be rid of them, they're there to stay (what the hell?! why is there no crying smiley, about everything else in that list... :confused: must have missed it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    I'm not sure that there is much they can do except graft skin from a different part of your body onto the affected areas - and if you're like me that would be a lot of skin. I really doubt there is anything you can really do to be rid of them, they're there to stay

:bawling: that's it, my life is over people!
    seriously i find people make out that there stretch marks are worse then they are, but the thing is mine really are! i hate them so much, and especially on the arms, it makes me not want to wear t-shirts when i'm out
    i am seriously considering getting plastic surgeory or something, i don't care how much it costs! It's not alot a big chunk on my arms so it could probably be done.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I'm male and I have stretch marks :O

I dont even know how I got them. There are quite a lot, just around the hip/very upper thigh area. wtf!?

Think its when I was growing and started putting on weight (and no im not fat in the slightest, 11st and 5'8). Puberty?

I don't like them but they don't seem to go...hope I'm not the only lad with em lol. Please tell me why I got them and how to get rid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)

I dont even know how I got them. There are quite a lot, just around the hip/very upper thigh area. wtf!?

Think its when I was growing and started putting on weight (and no im not fat in the slightest, 11st and 5'8). Puberty?

I don't like them but they don't seem to go...hope I'm not the only lad with em lol. Please tell me why I got them and how to get rid

it's probably alright for you! you're probably hairy and can cover them up! lol

ReputationRep:
    I've got them on my hips and the inside of my thighs. Ick.

ReputationRep:
    I have them too, on my thighs, hips and breasts. I also have one big red line on top of my left arm (only in the left one and not a single one in the right arm). Most of them are fading except for the ones in my hips and thighs

ReputationRep:
    i only have them on my love handles

ReputationRep:
    I used to have some on the inside of my thighs and along my groin, and the back of my legs (at the top) - really never understood why as I never lost huge amounts of weight or anything. They've more or less disappeared now, mostly due to my obsessive purchasing of creams and lotions to combat the muntering problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)

basically you grew too fast in that area and the skin couldn't keep up and broke, that's why you've got them. men seem to be lucky - with women they never go away, but with men they can actually go away so much that you can't see them at all really, like as good as gone. No idea why though... any one studying dermatology here? lol
    you can't actually get rid of them normally though, the skin is broken - all you can do is hope they fade and are less visable - I hate the texture of my skin there a lot though, argh, horrible

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.