The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tough paper. The trig question you put the two parts = 3 i think.
Reply 2
i cant remeber it all that clearly - but it was slightly different to usual examples wasnt it - the thing u had to put in was inside a bracket itself
Reply 3
yeah, you had to use the answers to all the parts above to get one equation... Final answers (in radians) were 0 and 2.12 ... (i think)
Reply 4
That's what i got at the beginning. But thats when you but the R equation =0. I was kinda sure you put it to = 3?
Reply 5
This C3 paper was a pain when I started it, especially as I just did C2 before and was a bit tired >.<

TheWolf
tough paper. The trig question you put the two parts = 3 i think.

Yup. =)
Reply 6
Yeah I did the same for it, got 2.12 radians and some other answer but i dont think that it was 0 radians. Anyone remember any more answers that they wanna share?
Reply 7
I did this exam on my birthday :'( *gets out violin*
Reply 8
Did anyone else find the proof question about orchids difficult?
Reply 9
i definitely got 0 for one trig question - cant remeber if i got 2.12
but none of the papaer was clear cut - if u know what i mean

the values where all weird ie no sin 45/cos 30 / tan 60 for example.

for R who got root 50 something
Reply 10
the trig was EVIL...R was root 52...but still it was weird. and oh that one mark question ....it took me a while to get it. how did ever1 else find out.
Reply 11
Hehe yeah the trig was nasty. I opened the paper and I was amazed by the number of questions revolving around the trig, which at first made me freak out :P And yeah, R was root52 (or 2root13).
Reply 12
that really long trig question with all the proofs scared me. I glanced through the paper before starting to answer and I was like "omg how on earth will i prove that!"... but it turned out to be real easy (factorising)...
Reply 13
btw, does anyone remember the final answers for the two differentials (the ones before the differential proof)... That proof was an easy 6 marks!.. I love questions that say "show that...." :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hehe I started expanding all terms (silly me) but then I realised there was a common factor for both terms on top of (x-1) before multiplying it all out, so I cancelled it with the denominator. Had to ask for an additional sheet as I crossed out my original working :tongue:

Sorry but I don't remember the first two differentials :frown:
Reply 15
did any1 notice that there was only ONE root for the sketch question last bit
Reply 16
yes.
Reply 17
yes ....
Reply 18
2late
Hehe I started expanding all terms (silly me) but then I realised there was a common factor for both terms on top of (x-1) before multiplying it all out, so I cancelled it with the denominator. Had to ask for an additional sheet as I crossed out my original working :tongue:

Sorry but I don't remember the first two differentials :frown:

I tried doing the shorter method but didnt work, so I had to multiply it all out as well. Took ages. ='3
Reply 19
was weird though - got an unexpected answer (for the root)

Latest