Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomX)
    From the looks of the things, the recent sets have been horrible.
    OOOkay, the most popular set since invasion has just come out, The guild idea was an awesome and ravnica although having flaws is almost perfectly balanced.
    Although i will give you that on Kamigowa, load of *******s, Rerelease saga is what i say

ReputationRep:
    I've seen invasion tournament packs and decks on sale for £15! Alot of my collection is from the invasion set too... i like the guilds idea, it fits in with the way i like to play the game, but it still hasn't motivated me to buy all that many cards... Kamiwaga is even worse than Mercadian Mascques (or however you spell it) was at the time lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well i just bought a box of antiquities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    I wouldn't have thought there were many of those around anymore.

ReputationRep:
    How much did it cost you?

ReputationRep:
    It cost him like £150. So far he has got one Force of Will from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valuk)
    It cost him like £150. So far he has got one Force of Will from it.
    Ruin the suspense why dont you.

*and hes just jealous that i got that FoW

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about going and buying some old cards too, but the shop that sells them charges huge prices for them (i mean £12 for an invasion tournament pack! and that isn't even very old (luckily i bought a few of them before already)...

Hmm, thats a thought, how do people prefer to expand their collection? Buying booster packs, tournament packs, decks, or single cards?

ReputationRep:
    Booster packs, and then tricking your friends into dodgy trades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valuk)
    Booster packs, and then tricking your friends into dodgy trades.
    Theres a difference between tricking and lying, you said that steam vents was worth more than stomping ground

Drafting and prizes, in my day.

ReputationRep:
    10/10 artifact. 5 mana. sends your entire deck to graveyard... and i can't remember its name!!!

I got it a couple of days ago, and i don't know if it will work well, or fail badly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    10/10 artifact. 5 mana. sends your entire deck to graveyard... and i can't remember its name!!!

I got it a couple of days ago, and i don't know if it will work well, or fail badly...
    Leveller, depends how you make the deck, either stifle or shared fate work wonders, Or you could use endless whispers to get your opponant to do the same and then deck out. But not a tournament staple really

ReputationRep:
    You can always haste and then fling it as long as they don't have blockers, who cares about decking when you can kill them that turn.

ReputationRep:
    Leveller, depends how you make the deck, either stifle or shared fate work wonders, Or you could use endless whispers to get your opponant to do the same and then deck out. But not a tournament staple really
    I'm not thinking about tournaments really though, i don't get a chance to play in them, i just want a new surprise or two against my usual opponents.

ReputationRep:
    Well endless whispers it is then, turn 4 lay it, turn 5 play it and find some way to kill it, then they cant draw, you win.
    Good plan, just dont play against Owling mine decks

ReputationRep:
    Well endless whispers it is then, turn 4 lay it, turn 5 play it and find some way to kill it, then they cant draw, you win.
    Good plan, just dont play against Owling mine decks
    If i can get hold of one, i will lol, but as its a rare, it might be a bit hard, and i don't usually like investing in single cards.
    I don't have many people to trade with round here, which is the worst thing. Alot of people i play against just buy the cards they need, and don't invest too much in any excess, so not much to trade with, so i can't get it that way, and the shops round here charge way too high prices for singles, especially rares...

ReputationRep:
    so... to try and get this thread moving again, what do people think is the worst card ever?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone here was from near Bradford/Leeds that plays M:TG?

What do people think of the Ravnica block and are you excited about the up coming prereleases?

F

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    so... to try and get this thread moving again, what do people think is the worst card ever?
    scornful egotist 8 mana 1/1 with morph

Just what the doctor ordered

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.