Turn on thread page Beta

Magic: The Gathering watch

ReputationRep:
    There's nowhere round here that does FNM *cries*. Although we may be lucky and get one set up in a bookshop. With school being over I foresee a slight dip in the playing of magic. So I'll just have to go to lots of tournaments intsead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valuk)
    There's nowhere round here that does FNM *cries*

Ditto

ReputationRep:
    and i thought england was a magical land...

ReputationRep:
    Its just as bad for me at Uni. There is a group that supposedly meets on wednesdays but their website hasn't been updated for 3 years so i'm not hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, hadn't seen this before.

I used to play back in the day, haven't for ages now. Have a stack of cards under my bed. Anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can look to see if any are worth trying to sell? I'd be happy for £10 for the lot, but don't want to be doing myself an injustice! Cheers in advance.

I wouldn't mind playing it again actually, but I dread to think what the girlfriend would say. Maybe in October when Uni starts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    Wow, hadn't seen this before.

I used to play back in the day, haven't for ages now. Have a stack of cards under my bed. Anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can look to see if any are worth trying to sell? I'd be happy for £10 for the lot, but don't want to be doing myself an injustice! Cheers in advance.

I wouldn't mind playing it again actually, but I dread to think what the girlfriend would say. Maybe in October when Uni starts!
    Well make a list of what you've got, and i could look up some prices for you (and might even buy them, i'm looking to expand my collection at the moment)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, will do later today, may take a while! I presume none of the single cards are worth much at all but am just looking to get rid of them, so a job lot price would be cool. Actually, I'm not doing anything, I'll do it now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, will do later today, may take a while! I presume none of the single cards are worth much at all but am just looking to get rid of them, so a job lot price would be cool. Actually, I'm not doing anything, I'll do it now.
    lol, well if you just want a job lot price, just count up how many cards you have, and i'll be happy to make a deal with you, but its only worth taking down the names of the rare cards i think, the rest don't go for much at all.

ReputationRep:
    Now you tell me :rolleyes:, haha.

I just spent the last hour writing out the list, so if you could, would be great if you could take a look, I'll just host it somewhere. As for total cards.... by counting off one hundred, and diving the rest into equal sized piles, I'll say just under 400.

Hosting now, will edit in a sec...

www.untrainedhero.com/files/mtg.doc

I divided it into columns, but it went a bit weird, basically, read the left hand side of the first page, then the right hand side of the first page, then left hand side of second etc.
    Any I thought may be worth noting, I put the edition next to it.

ReputationRep:
    Now you tell me :rolleyes:, haha.

I just spent the last hour writing out the list, so if you could, would be great if you could take a look, I'll just host it somewhere. As for total cards.... by counting off one hundred, and diving the rest into equal sized piles, I'll say just under 400.

Hosting now, will edit in a sec...

www.untrainedhero.com/files/mtg.doc

I divided it into columns, but it went a bit weird, basically, read the left hand side of the first page, then the right hand side of the first page, then left hand side of second etc.
    Any I thought may be worth noting, I put the edition next to it.
    I'll take a look through now for you, see the sort of value, any cards that are worth selling individually, or worth a bit or something.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then. Mostly they are pretty easy to get hold of cards, not worth any significant amount, except for Opposition, Serra Angel, Divine Sacrament, Thorn Elemental (though in truth, as its with a box set, its not all that expensive), Goblin King, and especially Coat of Arms (which is the most expensive one you have, rare, but we aren't talking Black Lotus rare lol).

I was checking american prices for them, as they are easier to get hold of, most of the ones listed, on conversion, are worth about £1 or so (thorn elemental is less, and coat of arms £3 or so).

I think i've picked out all the rares there (the ones with the gold edition symbol), and i'd personally say the whole lot was worth about £15 or so.

ReputationRep:
    Okey doke, cheers for that. You interested by any chance? If not I'll stick 'em on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    Okey doke, cheers for that. You interested by any chance? If not I'll stick 'em on ebay.
    Not really. Most of the cards are duplicates of ones i have large numbers of already.

ReputationRep:
    Never mind. I've had a change of heart anyway, I quite enjoyed reading all the cards as I typed them out, lots of memories revoked as I found half built decks and what not. I'll keep them just for memory's sake. I only played with one other person, and his cards sucked as much as mine so we used to have a great time battling it out.

I'm scared that I just read most of this thread, and am entertaining the idea of getting up to speed with M:TG again. Oh my.

ReputationRep:
    *uses the Force*

You will start MTG again...

You will buy my cards at exorbitant prices...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sitting_duck)
    *uses the Force*

Not to offend anyone in this thread, but I don't think listing M:TG as one of my hobbies will do wonders for my social life :p:

Anyway, I'm 18 now which is officially too late to start anything new; when you're 14 it's acceptable to be a noob at something and just do it for fun. Once you're 18 you either have to be super good, or just not bother. It's the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sitting_duck)
    *uses the Force*

I take it in magic terms you are talking about force of will, best counterspell ever made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Okay then. Mostly they are pretty easy to get hold of cards, not worth any significant amount, except for Opposition, Serra Angel, Divine Sacrament, Thorn Elemental (though in truth, as its with a box set, its not all that expensive), Goblin King, and especially Coat of Arms (which is the most expensive one you have, rare, but we aren't talking Black Lotus rare lol).

I was checking american prices for them, as they are easier to get hold of, most of the ones listed, on conversion, are worth about £1 or so (thorn elemental is less, and coat of arms £3 or so).

I think i've picked out all the rares there (the ones with the gold edition symbol), and i'd personally say the whole lot was worth about £15 or so.
    You forgot the shock land, Sulfurous Springs, cabal pit also has seen play, Cavery harpy also is ridiculusly good. But yeah, i agree with Eru

ReputationRep:
    i've heard you guys could make a bomb at the poker tables.....

remember David Williams?

ReputationRep:
    I miss magic

what's the scene like at the minute? good control/combo options out there?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.