Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    You forgot the shock land, Sulfurous Springs, cabal pit also has seen play, Cavery harpy also is ridiculusly good. But yeah, i agree with Eru
    Ah, didn't check the lands so much, and i was looking more at prices rather than play, but i get what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilbunny)
    I miss magic

what's the scene like at the minute? good control/combo options out there?
    Control, as in counter control is either Izzetron, get out a 5/5 dragon legend with a conviscate(sp?) when it dies and Meloku. The other main counter version of control is SimicTron, which is to hold them off until, you can play your 6/6 flying trample untagetable creature. There are other versions of control most notiably GWB which is creature kill then finish off with Heirachs and Skeletal vampires.

Combo however there is only really 2 options, Heartbeat and Wildfire
    Heartbeat's aim is using early harvest to ramp up to 20 something mana and play either blaze, invoke the firemind or maiga for 20 something.
    Wildfire uses signets and blows up land and oppossing creatures. Eventually dropping magnivore for teh win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Ah, didn't check the lands so much, and i was looking more at prices rather than play, but i get what you mean.
    Sulfourous springs is probs the most expensive card there. Pain lands arent budget cards

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i was pondering a way to get this society more active, as its pretty quiet at the moment. What do people think of having trades in this thread, what cards they want/have, and are willing to trade, try to make a nice little community on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    sure thing, but then you'd get the problem of like whether you can trust members, especially those not well known in the TSR... and if you have such a small soc (<10 members i notice) then it's not likely that trade volume will be high.

if we all lived in the same place we could have TSR magic events... unfortunately however we're all distributed across the globe. such cruel geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sitting_duck)
    sure thing, but then you'd get the problem of like whether you can trust members, especially those not well known in the TSR... and if you have such a small soc (<10 members i notice) then it's not likely that trade volume will be high.

if we all lived in the same place we could have TSR magic events... unfortunately however we're all distributed across the globe. such cruel geography.

Online play is possible but the trouble is if you use the official service it is very expensive and if you use something like apprentice not only are there all sorts of annoying problems with it but all the decks are stupidly overpowered as you have access to any number of cards. For example one of my decks has 4 copies of "Worship" and 4 copies of "Coat of Arms" in it which is never going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    oh laaa - i used 2 collect MTG i have lots of rare cards, old and relatively new - i am willing to sell them to any one who'd like to buy them at reasonable prices. also may i just add - my decks were truly unbeatable :P i have such a classic elven life gaining deck, and zombie energy sap deck. not to mention my 1/2 constructed samurai deck which never lost a game muaha

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] to email me with queries or [email protected]****ingwicked.com for my msn address

ReputationRep:

Well, i would be completely willing to act as an intermediary in the trades (and i've been about for over three years, so am pretty well known lol).

I'd use apprentice to play online (especially if i could find the damn update patch, i only got the last official one that dragonstar, i think it was, did), if i had the connection to (which is on its way too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Well, i would be completely willing to act as an intermediary in the trades (and i've been about for over three years, so am pretty well known lol).

I'd use apprentice to play online (especially if i could find the damn update patch, i only got the last official one that dragonstar, i think it was, did), if i had the connection to (which is on its way too).

I think you can find the patch here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    I think you can find the patch here
    woo, cool, thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    If anyone here plays Magic Online, PM in game "/addbuddy MirrorMage" and I'll be more than happy to play any format (Prismatic, Tribal, Extended, Standard, PDC, 2HG, FFA) etc.

I've got a jaw-dropping 12,000 cards, 2,000 of which are rares and I only spent 100 bucks on the game (I did a lot of in game trading- it was a slow summer.)

Looking forward to seeing you guys online.

ReputationRep:
    alternatively, you can play for free using apprentice or magicworkstation (aka the forbidden programme)... if any of you play online let me know...

eru, what's your nick on apprentice?

ReputationRep:
    alternatively, you can play for free using apprentice or magicworkstation (aka the forbidden programme)... if any of you play online let me know...

eru, what's your nick on apprentice?
    Unfortunately, i'm not online with apprentice yet, due to a lack of internet connection at home.
    Never heard of magicworkstation :confused:

ReputationRep:
    go to www.magicworkstation.com... in fact the interface is better than apprentice especially since it has loads of stuff like blocking properly and all that. and a divider to show whose permanents are whose.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I found out that my 'Denisen of the Deep is worth approx. 5-10 US Dollars, that appears to be my most valuable card (though it's not quite mint condition anymore).

ReputationRep:
    i've never checked my most valuable (got too many to check really, and i'm not all that up on the prices)

ReputationRep:
    Someone should make an instant reanimator spell, Just so i can play with my graveyard a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    Just Quicken a ZOMGify if you want it that badly.

ReputationRep:
    sorcery speed is good enough, i hate turn 4 zombify into blazing archon, kokusho, yosei, etc...

of course turn 4 enduring ideal into form of the dragon sucks even more.

(why do i always make my opponents get god hands??)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.