Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You can just play Yosei's and co normally on turn 3 anyway. I say normall, it requires several signets and either a BoP or a llanowar elf or utopia sprwal or something.

ReputationRep:
    you need 3 lands and 3 mana accelerant... plus the yosei, that 7/10 cards you need from your 1st 10 cards. that's not "normal"...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, in a deck thats maybe 24 land, 4 BoP, 4 llanowar, 4 sprawls, maybe 4 elves of deep shadow if you want, a bunch of signets, and then just a mass of dragon legends, its really not hard to pull off.

ReputationRep:
    Although i will tell you what is hard to pull off

ReputationRep:
    A turn 2 kill using only cards from Portal: Three Kingdoms?

ReputationRep:
    Was black lotus in 3 kingdoms?

ReputationRep:
    I think i have designed a combo for a turn 1 win, though it takes so much luck of the draw, its almost impossible to pull off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valuk)
    A turn 2 kill using only cards from Portal: Three Kingdoms?
    Gah, thats the set at the moment i really want to get some cards from, but they are awkward to find

ReputationRep:
    Apparently you can get them from china quite easily - and none too expensively either. Although some individual cards in there, such as Zodiac Dragon, are worth a fair bunch.

And no, Lotus was not in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    I think i have designed a combo for a turn 1 win, though it takes so much luck of the draw, its almost impossible to pull off

There's a couple of turn 1 win combo's going around one of them for example involves hatred and a raging goblin although I can't remember exactly how you were supposed to be able to play them both on turn one. (aside from having multiple copies of black lotus in your hand.) It did require all 7 cards though so it wasn't really feasible to create a deck based around it.

ReputationRep:
    for type 2:

turn 1:
    mountain, raging goblin, 2 blazing shoals pitching 2 red myojins, 21 damage... thought it does require 6 cards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    There's a couple of turn 1 win combo's going around one of them for example involves hatred and a raging goblin although I can't remember exactly how you were supposed to be able to play them both on turn one. (aside from having multiple copies of black lotus in your hand.) It did require all 7 cards though so it wasn't really feasible to create a deck based around it.
    I'm sure it was a blue based deck, with some card drawing and stuff (using old cards though, not for recent blocks)

I'm annoyed, because i expected my local card shop to have some portal: three kingdom set cards in their huge box of commons and uncommons (i've picked up some goor uncommon cards in there anyway, for 10p each, some older cards and stuff), but there were barely any, and none that were interesting, and neither of the card shops in brighton had them in the singles fodler either (though i was very tempted to get myself a thunder dragon, after seeing it in one of the folders)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    Charbelcher, Iggy pop Grim long all Vintage decks which regularily win on turn 1 or 2.

Tis possible i seen it with my own eyes

And have almost built my 2 land Belcher deck

ReputationRep:
    If only you had some Lion's Eyes, eh?

And Eru: ooooh thunder dragon! Buy me it?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think i just bought off ebay, 4 of here i come

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but they weren't all that cheap unfortunately, but still worth me seriously thinking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    yeah, but they weren't all that cheap unfortunately, but still worth me seriously thinking about
    While you are at it will you but me a playset of teh power 9 please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    While you are at it will you but me a playset of teh power 9 please?
    They didn't have any of them either unfortunately lol, though i did look.

ReputationRep:
    I think this thread is as dead as boros deck wins

ReputationRep:
    lol, no-one has much to talk about on here i guess, i haven't been an active magic player for a while because of so many things.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.