Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't personally play unhinged; ^ what's that about?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ancient Beast)
    I don't personally play unhinged; ^ what's that about?
    Some cards cost 1/2 mana, so you take 0.5 points of mana burn every time you play one :p: Unless you have two, then it's two cards for one mana, not bad in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Some cards cost 1/2 mana, so you take 0.5 points of mana burn every time you play one :p: Unless you have two, then it's two cards for one mana, not bad in my opinion
    Ah right, nice

ReputationRep:
    i got my old boosters today, two chronicles, a homelands, weatherlight, visions, and mirage

no great cards in them though

ReputationRep:
    Mirage is a good set ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Wake up people!

What does everyone want to see in future sight?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh... Akroma's Memorial - ownage card :coma: Jhoiria of the Ghitu - another ownage card :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I so badly want to try to make a deck with the three huge slivers, sliver queen, sliver overlord, and sliver legion. I don't care if it sucks, i just need to have done that at least once, see how possible it is.

ReputationRep:
    Well, its going to be hard to play sliver legion and sliver queen, etc. As they cost 5 different colours, altough gemhide sliver would help in that deck.
    There are loads of cards that would make it easy. Elvish Joiner for example.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question on five colour decks, has anyone actually tried playing a coalition victory deck (im too tired to recall if thats the right name for the card)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    There are loads of cards that would make it easy. Elvish Joiner for example.
    No such card...

ReputationRep:
    No such card...
    *Joiner Adept, I always get confused by the fact that it's an elf :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    Just like to inform you that new sets are coming out; 10th edition in a few weeks, and the lorwyn block in a few months time

ReputationRep:
    Magic still exists!!!

Not that i've played it for months
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have a Lorwyn booster draft tonight, and I had a 10th Edition draft two weeks ago. For the first time ever, I actually have enough cards to make a decent Standard deck! (until now I've just played friendlies where any cards were acceptable apart from Unhinged/Unglued).

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend loves this..its strange cause it seems like quite a geeky thing :p: (though hes not really the geeky type)

Its pretty frustrating because I had never heard of it before so don't understand it at all although I do want to try and understand as I would like to take an interest in something that he enjoys so much especially since hes been chosen to play in germany next month. Why is it he loves it so much? The mind boggles..
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It is addictive, there are so many strategies and combos you can use and so many different ways you can play it . But yeah it's stereotypically a nerdy thing, a lot of people who like TCGs also like anime/sci-fi/comics (eg. me :p: ). But, unlike a lot of nerdy activities, at least MtG involves contact with other human beings!

I'm entering a random booster draft tomorrow, we can use any booster packs we like provided they have 15 cards (so no really old ones unfortunately). But I was able to get a Wetherlight booster, as well as a Saviours of Kamigawa (because Kamigawa was cool) and a Coldsnap (because it's winter :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It is addictive, there are so many strategies and combos you can use and so many different ways you can play it . But yeah it's stereotypically a nerdy thing, a lot of people who like TCGs also like anime/sci-fi/comics (eg. me :p: ). But, unlike a lot of nerdy activities, at least MtG involves contact with other human beings!

I'm entering a random booster draft tomorrow, we can use any booster packs we like provided they have 15 cards (so no really old ones unfortunately). But I was able to get a Wetherlight booster, as well as a Saviours of Kamigawa (because Kamigawa was cool) and a Coldsnap (because it's winter :p: ).
    Haha that last bit made no sense whatsoever!! So I shall just have to have to call my boyfriend a geek then :p: like seth cohen I really hope you know who seth cohen is haha..what a legend!

Do many girls play magic and is it difficult to pick up?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I know at least four girls who play it here in Aberystwyth's card society, and that's about one quarter of our total members. So I would assume there are quite a few girls who play it.

The basic rules are fairly easy to pick up, though it's best to learn while playing against someone else rather than just using a rulebook on your own. There are also MtG core sets available, which are aimed at beginners ;yes;.

ReputationRep:
    I just hate him having the whole thing that I really don't understand cause when he gets excited about winning a tournament or whatever or about not doing so well in a game I feel really stupid when he tries to explain what happened and I don't have a clue. Maybe I should just leave him too it. Just wanted to try and be a part of something he enjoys so much but Im not sure that I will since I will never understand you geeky boys :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.