The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hello, magic lovers. I have just moved to Birmingham city uni and is wondering whether any of you are around the same area or know of any magic stores or any groups????
Reply 581
Original post by Funkyhouse
Hello everyone !!! :smile: I recently was introduced to this game and now I'm quite hooked :p:p Could anyone spare any time to look at my proposing deck. Many thanks :smile:

64 cards
Land 24
14- Forest
10 Green

artifact
sun of wild magus x1

Creatures (20)
Scab-clan charger X1
Slaughterhorn X1
Advocate of the beast X1
Briarpack alpha X1
Deadly recluse X1
Brindle boar X1
Creature- elemental (green 8/8) x1
Kalonian tusker x1
warden of evos islex1
seacost drake x2
drakewing krasis x1
frilled oculus x1
coral merfolk x1
air servant x1
trained condor x2
cudgell troll x2
drakewing krasis x1

instant(13)
cancel x2
frost breath x2
aerial predation x2
fogx1
druid's deliverance x1
negatex2
naturalise x3

enchantment(2)
tricks of the trade x1
trollhide x1

sorcery(7)
hunt the weak x2
enlarge x2
fungal sprouting x1
sleep x1
slime molding x1

Not looked at all the cards. However where is your blue mana? I would suggest 4 simic guildgate. Also if this deck isn't for standard I would suggest taking a look at ageless entity I have him in one of my decks and seems like he could reek even more havoc in yours. Also have you seen the evolve mechanic such as for this deck elusive Krasis? Goodluck with it
Reply 582
I have played magic for a while now. In the process of building a Sliver deck! :-D bonescythe sliver and groundshaker sliver= that's gotta hurt
Hey, yh lool I've revised my deck since then running a simic deck currently with counters but I'm playing around with green/white and green/black decks :smile: Thanks anyways :smile:
Original post by Ireland6
I have played magic for a while now. In the process of building a Sliver deck! :-D bonescythe sliver and groundshaker sliver= that's gotta hurt

The older sliver cards have some amazing slivers ones that give slivers infect 1, provoke(u can make target opponent creature untap and block you), flanking(gives blocking creature -1/-1 til end of turn ) u should have a look at the old slivers :biggrin:
Reply 585
Original post by Funkyhouse
The older sliver cards have some amazing slivers ones that give slivers infect 1, provoke(u can make target opponent creature untap and block you), flanking(gives blocking creature -1/-1 til end of turn ) u should have a look at the old slivers :biggrin:

Ya I know my friend has an old sliver deck. however this will be standard legal deck. have a look at mistform ultimus. that's just funny! not standard legal though.
God damn I've never ever managed to get the hang of magic yet its absolutely huge here in Singapore. :redface:
Original post by Ireland6
Ya I know my friend has an old sliver deck. however this will be standard legal deck. have a look at mistform ultimus. that's just funny! not standard legal though.

LOOL great card for 4 mana :biggrin:
Just opened up an M14 booster and got a great card, basically 'green' in one mythic rare

Primeval Bounty: 6, G

Whenever you cast a creature spell, put a 3/3 green beast token onto the battlefield.

Whenever you cast a non-creature spell, put three +1/+1 counters on a creature you control.

Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control gain three life.
Reply 589
Original post by natninja
Just opened up an M14 booster and got a great card, basically 'green' in one mythic rare

Primeval Bounty: 6, G

Whenever you cast a creature spell, put a 3/3 green beast token onto the battlefield.

Whenever you cast a non-creature spell, put three +1/+1 counters on a creature you control.

Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control gain three life.

What will you do with it? want to trade for 'Master of waves'?
Original post by Seentje
What will you do with it? want to trade for 'Master of waves'?

Hell no, I use it to good effect, green-black deck, lots of deathtouch and removal, some monsters and a couple of card searchers.

Fancy rating a blue-black control deck I built?

Counter magic:
Cancel x4
Psychic Strike x3
Negate x2

Removal:
Doom Blade x2
Hero's Downfall x1
Liturgy of Blood x2
Killing Glare x1
Grisly Spectacle x1
Dark Betrayal x1

Draw/Discard:
Tome Scour x3
Thassa's Bounty x2
Psychic Spiral x1
Duress x1
Mind Rot x2
Pilfered Plans x1

Creatures:
Deathgaze Cockatrice x2
Shipbreaker Kraken x1
Messenger Drake x2
Runewing x1
Mnemonic Wall x2
Keepsake Gorgon x1
Horizon Scholar x1

Land:
Island x11
Swamp x11

Total 60 cards
Is anyone on TSR playing this game? Is there another thread for this?...
Original post by Howbeit
Is anyone on TSR playing this game? Is there another thread for this?...

I play and collect! :biggrin: But I don't think there are any threads nearly as big as this one :/

Latest

Trending

Trending