Turn on thread page Beta

Magic: The Gathering watch

ReputationRep:
    I like cards that can destroy either a land or a (usually nonblack) creature, as the creature o0ne can always beused unless you suspect they've got a traumatize hidden awaay waiting to get you.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What about lethal vapours: destroys all creatures that are put into play, and can be destroyed at any time by any player, but that player misses their next turn.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, never heard of it but it sounds cool.

ReputationRep:
    So does urine

ReputationRep:
    As a word or as a substance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I like cards that can destroy either a land or a (usually nonblack) creature, as the creature o0ne can always beused unless you suspect they've got a traumatize hidden awaay waiting to get you.
    Well creature destruction is always good to have an option on, i think. Its not a waste (unless they are playing something like replenish), and actually tends to cost less than land destruction.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Eru)
    Well creature destruction is always good to have an option on, i think. Its not a waste (unless they are playing something like replenish), and actually tends to cost less than land destruction.
    Yeah. Destroy creature is best played against any colour other than white or black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    Yeah. Destroy creature is best played against any colour other than white or black.
    If you have the right cards, you can have almost invulerable creates (I have a white create that is immune to all colours as long as it is untapped.

ReputationRep:
    I loved this game when I was younger. Titania's Chosen and many forests are a good combo.

(Original post by juueru_chou)
    If you have the right cards, you can have almost invulerable creates (I have a white create that is immune to all colours as long as it is untapped.
    Well, yah. But if you're playing anyone good, they'll have killed you long before that gets to happen.

Decks that kill by turn 5: always a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Well, yah. But if you're playing anyone good, they'll have killed you long before that gets to happen.

Decks that kill by turn 5: always a good idea.
    They require luck to get the right cards out though. (and when you are having a 500 life point game, it is quite difficult to end the game in 5 turns).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkinstein)
    It was Urza's, then Masques, then Invasion, then Odyssey, then Onslaught, and now it's Kamigawa.

Before Urza's is before me =)

Martin
    wow you're new, I started back during revised (3rd edition)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
    I loved this game when I was younger. Titania's Chosen and many forests are a good combo.
    whoo!! someone else who kind of played old style.

ReputationRep:
    My earliest cards are 7th edition

ReputationRep:
    My earliest cards are 7th edition
    ack no wonder why most of you have no idea what I"m talking about

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is you aretalking about :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I managed to dig out the old windows 95 Magic:the gathering game, which I am having reat fun playing since I get to use some of the older cards that would not be available to me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is you aretalking about :rolleyes:

grrr . . . I meant the old days staylor, if you read my first post

"lava axe?? whatever happened to the good old revised days, when the biggest damn monster there ever was was the levaithan and one of the best cards in the game was fireball???"

those days the only burns around were fireball, meteor strike or something like that, lightning bolt and only a few others.

Levaithan was like the biggest monster 10/10 and there were none of these crazy cards you all speak of.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great. I wonder why they didnt keep it that way...

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt about magic 9the gathering obviously :rolleyes: ) last night. I cant remember the context though .

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.