Turn on thread page Beta

Magic: The Gathering watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    I managed to dig out the old windows 95 Magic:the gathering game, which I am having reat fun playing since I get to use some of the older cards that would not be available to me anymore.
    Is that the one you can get from HOTU? Cuz i play that a fair bit too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I dreamt about magic 9the gathering obviously :rolleyes: ) last night. I cant remember the context though .
    Yeah, its worrying when you start dreaming about card games... *ahem*

ReputationRep:
    I dream about women playing magic, does that make me twice as sad?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :rofl: can't say I've ever dreamt about cards, would be interestingly different, though.

ReputationRep:
    I used to play, stopped when my playing buddies lost interest, so am a little out of touch now. Definitely enjoyed it though, would probably start again should I stumble across someone else who played.
    Not sure how much has changed since I played? I remember 7th Series (I think it was called, had a 7 in it) came out while I was still into it. Missed much since then?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by KingLeigh)
    I used to play, stopped when my playing buddies lost interest, so am a little out of touch now.
    I hate it when that happens My friends lost interest as well, forcing me to teach my brother to play so I could have an opponent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    I hate it when that happens My friends lost interest as well, forcing me to teach my brother to play so I could have an opponent.
    I completely know what you mean.
    My 9 year old brother has been a player for a while, because there hasn't been many opponents round here (and he's actually pretty good, although he hasn't learnt the intricacies of strategy, or anything more than simple combos of cards etc.)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    People just collect them because their friends do, then they all stop playing at the same time, leaving those who really like the game without an opponent :mad:

ReputationRep:
    People just collect them because their friends do, then they all stop playing at the same time, leaving those who really like the game without an opponent :mad:
    But also leaving the possibility of getting a collection of cards from someone for very cheap (if they don't want the cards any more). Because my cousin played it for a bit, but then stopped (mainly because i was too good for him, i think), and i got a couple of hundred cards for nothing
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    *is jealous* I got none, everyone I know sold theirs

ReputationRep:
    I used to play *is embarassed* and I was pretty damn good too! Seriously, I was. I was a combo or control player. White weenie in a fast scene.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by devilbunny)
    I used to play *is embarassed* and I was pretty damn good too! Seriously, I was. I was a combo or control player. White weenie in a fast scene.
    Nothing to be embarrased about. Everyone who posts in this thread plays it or used to play it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.iol.ie/~thecelts/belfast%20regionals.html

Look at me go, top 10 in my first Nationals Qualifier! I loved Millstone so much, so pretty.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Look at me go, top 10 in my first Nationals Qualifier! I loved Millstone so much, so pretty.
    :eek: Wow! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    People still play MtG? Holy crap, I stopped in 1997.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Wow! Congrats!
    Thank you, , that's actually the worst I've ever done at a qualifier! THe dirty ba$tard Paul Hutchinson cheated! Although he was my first oppenent and beating him prolly would have put me against much better opps, so I'm kinda glad I guess.

I'm also shocked that they aren't any 'moment's peace' in the deck, how odd.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by 5150)
    People still play MtG? Holy crap, I stopped in 1997.
    New set of cards was released in 2000 or 2001, there have been a lot more since then.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: this thread is still going? awesome! I thought it had collapsed into cyberspace

ReputationRep:
    MTG... what a game.

I don't know how many cards but I know it's too many. I played in Friday Night Magic tournament back in the Odessey/Torment block where I ruled with either my Madness or Black (forgotten the traditional name, it's basically a deck with few, if not no, creatures and full of spells such as Pernicious Deeds and Corrupt).

On Apprentice I used to play T1 mainly and my preferred decks were either Fish, Food Chain Goblins or Parfait (it sucked... but I loved it).

I should play MTG again sometime

ReputationRep:

WU Control was a cool deck, though I wrecked it up by adding Rebels. I liked Rebels so much, despite how they sucked.

If you was the guy who played WUG Control, meh, didn't try that much, playing with more than 2 colours is risky unless you have the duallands (Keeper?).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.