Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find that Stalin paper really hard?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    do u mean the ussr after lenin 1924-41 paper?

if u do then yes i found the part b question tough - but now, having thought about it, it was actually quite a gd question.... i think part a was alright, but i wish something on leadership struggle/ purges might have come up... i also felt rushed to do part b, cos i spend quite some time on ques a, cos i thought i mite as well try and do well in that as i wasnt sure about part b... if only i could turn back the clock 2 hours!!

ReputationRep:
    I dudn't think it was too bad actually. Although I didn't really know how to draw a conclusion for question a. Question B however wasn't too bad. You just go through were there contradictions, were there inefficiencies; linking the sources with your own knowledge, my only problem was I could have done with a little longer to put all the detail in.
    My conclusion went along the lines of "it is difficult to draw a conclusion. Certainly the Stalinist State was a contradiction in its' very self, this is due to "Stalins' wish" to create a Communist state (source 1) and yet he created a personal dictatorship instead of a dictatorship of the proletariat. Similarly there were inefficiencies in the States' handling of certain affairs such as the five year plans' and the actions of the local party bosses during the Terror. However the State was equally very efficient in what it set put to do. The five year plans created a quasi-nationalistic pride that aided the Party during the Terror and gave them an excuse to remove so called sabateurs such as Pyatakov, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Bukharin (all of whom were 'old guard' Bolsheviks whom Lenin had considered in his testament...." And so it goes on, wasn't too hard really, just a bit vague.

ReputationRep:
    it was just broad and vague tho, i wasn't sure what to write about and didn't mention sources enough - oh well its done now, just hope my AS and coursework for A2 will carry me through!

ReputationRep:
    True, can't change it now. *crosses fingers* Just got to hope, like with all other exams that the examiners take pity.

ReputationRep:
    IT WASNt as bad as unit 5 lol... but yeah the sources where not too good and didnt u think the question b was not in the usual style?

ReputationRep:
    It was an odd question but if everyone found it bit hard grade boundaries will be lower. What was wrong with Unit 5, we got to do a personal study which was better than an exam on the contradictions and inefficiecys of the Stalinist state!

It wasn't in usual style as you could interpret it so broadly which i guess in a way is an advantage, but wud have prefferred straight forward question on whether collectivisation was a revolution from above etc!

I need an A, what do u guys need?

ReputationRep:
    An A also.

*big eyes* I'm glad it wasn't about collectivisation I'm rubbish on that, I'm bad enough on the Five year plans but collectivisation...I think I would have culed up and died.

What did you do for Unit 5?

ReputationRep:
    Personal study on Nelson Mandela and whether he deserved reputation, we did suffragette coursework for unit 4 i think....apparently most unis let u in if u drop a grade so im hoping it'll be ok, thank god i retook that Hitler paper!

ReputationRep:
    Impressive.

I did an individual assignment on Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII, was all to do with the birth of Protestantism.

Unit 4, Suffragette and development of democracy coursework. So seems our colleges took relatively the same course modules.

But Hitler? *shudders* Last time I studied him was back in year 9 and even then only for 4 weeks, couldn't have stood it for any longer. We took the Weimar module. *crosses fingers for you* Good luck on the results.

ReputationRep:
    I took the Stalin paper and enjoyed it.

I have Nazi Foreign Policy tomorrow!

Should be rather straightforward, expand, expand, expand and all the jazz

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.