Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, im currently doing ICT, DT and PE. Just finished my exams. I think I will be getting around BBB or BBC (the C being my PE). I want to drop PE and take up a business AS and carry through ICT and DT for the A2. that will leave me with 2 A2's and 2 AS. My question is will universities like loughbour and manchester accept 2 A levels and 2 AS levels instead of 3 full A levels. I would apretiate any help at all as i'm really confused about what to do nxt year. Thanks guys and gurlz .

ReputationRep:
    I know manchester accepts 2 AS's to be combined to make 1 A2. I'm not sure about loughborough though, you could see their website or call them to see if the accept 2 As's to be combined to make 1 A2. What course are you going to apply to by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I know manchester accepts 2 AS's to be combined to make 1 A2. I'm not sure about loughborough though, you could see their website or call them to see if the accept 2 As's to be combined to make 1 A2. What course are you going to apply to by the way?
    i wanna do commercial management and quantity surveying, also wondered if unis look at 3 A levels to be better than 2 and 2 AS's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvle)
    i wanna do commercial management and quantity surveying, also wondered if unis look at 3 A levels to be better than 2 and 2 AS's
    Ok. I found the entrance requirements for your course at lboro. They want 280 points from 2 A-level subjects and a third subject at A-level or 2 AS levels. Therefore you can have 2 AS levels to make 1 full A-level.

ReputationRep:
    will having 2 AS's instead of 1 level be less regarded, ie. if i was againts sum1 tht had 3 alevel would he/she take the place? need more help guys.

ReputationRep:
    will having 2 AS's instead of 1 level be less regarded, ie. if i was againts sum1 tht had 3 alevel would he/she take the place? need more help guys.
    I think the person doing 3 A-levels would get the place. Remember they will also take the reference, interview (if any), and personal statement into consideration as well as grades. This means that they do not concentrate only on grades.

If a person that took 3 A-levels who doesn't have a good personal statement or something like that or grades, I would choose the person with 2 A-levels and 2 AS's as that person has a good personal statement, reference and grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I think the person doing 3 A-levels would get the place. Remember they will also take the reference, interview (if any), and personal statement into consideration as well as grades. This means that they do not concentrate only on grades.

If a person that took 3 A-levels who doesn't have a good personal statement or something like that or grades, I would choose the person with 2 A-levels and 2 AS's as that person has a good personal statement, reference and grades.
    thx for the help, i think ill do the AS business. and just try for a B.

ReputationRep:
    thx for the help, i think ill do the AS business. and just try for a B.
    You're welcome.

I would recommend you to apply to a variety of universities that accepts BBB to BBC grades along with BCC-CCC. In addition, you might want to apply to uni's that want 2 A-levels, or 3 A-levels and 1 AS, or 2 A-levels and 2 AS's.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.