Bach, Air on G String
    Faure, Pavane & In Paradisum
    Handel, Ombra ma fui
    Satie, Gymnopedie
    Beethoven, Pastoral Symphony
    Dvorak, New World Symphony
    Vaughan Williams, The Lark Ascending

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently addicted to Mozart's Vesperae Dominica - lovin' Dixit Dominus and have to sing Beatus Vir in a week's time!!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone listen to Classic FM's Hall of Fame 2006 countdown? I was sad enough to listen to every piece from 34 onwards...

Personally I was shocked that Mendelssohn's violin concerto in E minor and Tchaikovsky's piano concerto 1 weren't even in the top 50!

Things would be very different if I had to compile the list :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sags_3)
    Yeh the Holst Planets are kewl but im on about the band - The Planets. They have a mix of classical instruments with electric guitars and a drum kit. thyre reli kewl but dno where theyve dissapeared to!
    :eek: I love them! I thought nobody else had heard of them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Did anyone listen to Classic FM's Hall of Fame 2006 countdown? I was sad enough to listen to every piece from 34 onwards...

Personally I was shocked that Mendelssohn's violin concerto in E minor and Tchaikovsky's piano concerto 1 weren't even in the top 50!

lol. I LOVE the Mendelssohn violin concerto. Obviously. (:p:) I'm playing the 1st mvt atm, it's hard, and you can only achieve great stuff when practising continually, but it's still a lot of fun

ReputationRep:
    wow. I dream of ever getting my hands on a score of the Mendelssohn. It sounds so amazing I don't think I could ever do it any justice!

Have you played any other concertos then?
    AFAIK I've only done Mozart 3rd in G and Haydn's in G....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schmetterling)
    Anyone can recommend good classical guitar pieces to listen too? I just picked up classical guitar and want to get a few CDs
    Segovia!

ReputationRep:
    Teehee I just finished a new composition. It's called "Nuclear Mozart" It's not ready to be heard yet, but thought I'd just say...

ReputationRep:
    Nuclear Mozart sounds pretty fun! Is it sposed to be mozart-ish with a slight deformation? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

I did...Mozart's Clarinet Concerto ...aah :love: :love:

ReputationRep:
    What came first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    What came first?
    as above.with Rach piano concerto 2 second!

ReputationRep:
    the piano concerto?? :love: man, I love it so much...

ReputationRep:
    cheesy as an extra-matured Blue Stilton that has been left in a cupboard for a month. I love it too!

We played it in our school during 6th form, and had another go last term on a 'fun' repertoire day at uni!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so jealous already.

Do you know the cello concerto by Saint Saens? :love: aww, we played it in Feb in school and it was fab...

ReputationRep:
    Mozart came first of course!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    I'm so jealous already.

Do you know the cello concerto by Saint Saens? :love: aww, we played it in Feb in school and it was fab...
    Good effort, that's bloody difficult (I know, I've tried!)

Does anyone else know the mozart piano concertos? I've been getting into them recently, bloody brilliant. I recommend no 23 (A major), 24 (C minor), and 20 (D minor) for starters if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    IF scores weren't so prohibitively expensive I would be trying :X I especially like the 23rd piano concerto by Mozart. It's so pretty!

On an aside...does anyone take Trinity piano music exams? I'm trying to find out if I need to play the repeats Thanks!

And to the person who recommended Segovia... is that a player or composer? (sorry for my ignorace)

Cheers and sorry for this longwinded post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schmetterling)
    IF scores weren't so prohibitively expensive I would be trying :X I especially like the 23rd piano concerto by Mozart. It's so pretty!

On an aside...does anyone take Trinity piano music exams? I'm trying to find out if I need to play the repeats Thanks!

And to the person who recommended Segovia... is that a player or composer? (sorry for my ignorace)

Cheers and sorry for this longwinded post!
    that would be me..
    segovia is a classic guitar player.

surprising how little people know him, considering how much he has contributed to the modern classic guitar, such as finger-techniques and such. he gave concerts (like wow!), and raised the standard of classic guitar.. he is also the father of the modern classical guitar. (or thats what musicians says.. )

he is definately my favourite guitarist.

normally people composed pieces for him to play, but he also did some of his own, i think..

u DEFINATELY have to listen to him, hes amazing, oh yeah, u can also try Sharon Isbin..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spam-mi-am)
    Good effort, that's bloody difficult (I know, I've tried!)

Does anyone else know the mozart piano concertos? I've been getting into them recently, bloody brilliant. I recommend no 23 (A major), 24 (C minor), and 20 (D minor) for starters if you don't.
    Indeed. I really like number 20 and 23. 21 is great as well.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.