Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Classical Music Society watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Welcome ... What should I call you? Both Jesus and Freak sound a bit rude on their own :p: How about JF?

Piano and violin? I'd love to play those instruments... I wrote loads of music for violins.
    Hi thanks for your welcome. JF is fine! Do you play any instruments?

ReputationRep:
    jus wondering, if you all could play any instrument, what would it be? i play the piano, and i love it with 95% of my heart but i would love to play the double bass, violin, tenor sax and maybe drums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Plenty of goths like their classical.
    But I am not exactly a goth... at least, not like the ones you see on streets. I wonder how much they know about gothic art & literature :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... whenever I hear an instrument being played supremely well, I end up wishing I could play that instrument. If you don't count the instruments I play already, then I *think* I'd most like to play the violin, trumpet and oboe.

I doubt I'd physically be able to play the oboe in real life though, as I'm pretty sure the method of playing would give me a headache...

ReputationRep:
    Hey can I join?

I play piano and violin - has anyone seen the proms recently?

I went to the proms on the 23rd July - my God was that amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus Freak)
    Hi thanks for your welcome. JF is fine! Do you play any instruments?
    Yeah officially trumpet & bass

slstephen - I dunno if it cunds but I love gothic architecture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Jo-x)
    Hey can I join?

Yep you in.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to play the trumpet so much, and i'm not all that sure why...I know it's cool and everything, but that's not a proper reason, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    Can I join?
    Yay, I'm glad you've signed up at last!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    Yay, I'm glad you've signed up at last!
    i love moonlight sonata by beethoven, It's so depressing it's lovely to relax to.
    and peer gynt not sure how you spell his name though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    i love moonlight sonata by beethoven, It's so depressing it's lovely to relax to.
    and peer gynt not sure how you spell his name though
    Yep, that's how you spell it!

I love all of Beethoven, particularly his symphonies. I don't really find the Moonlight Sonata depressing though...

ReputationRep:
    no it's sort of eerie, when i listen to it, i instantly relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Jo-x)
    Hey can I join?

I am über jealous of you!!! What did you see performed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I am über jealous of you!!! What did you see performed?

The only one i've been to this year has been the dream of gerontius. I thought gerontius was a bit young butthe performance was very big. I would go to more (I always used to go to 40 a year) but can't because of the price. I remember when my bus fare was 70p each day and tickets were about £3. It now costs £2.40 each way, £4 for a ticket, and once I've bought a program it's cost me twice as much as I used to spend.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    no it's sort of eerie, when i listen to it, i instantly relax
    I agree it has great depth, so I can see what you mean. But personally I find it rather inspiring, rather than depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    £4 for a ticket
    Still, £4 is still a bargain, in my eyes at any rate. Certainly cheaper than at many other concerts I daresay, even ones with a student discount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    Still, £4 is still a bargain, in my eyes at any rate. Certainly cheaper than at many other concerts I daresay, even ones with a student discount.

Oh absolutely.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    The only one i've been to this year has been the dream of gerontius. I thought gerontius was a bit young butthe performance was very big. I would go to more (I always used to go to 40 a year) but can't because of the price. I remember when my bus fare was 70p each day and tickets were about £3. It now costs £2.40 each way, £4 for a ticket, and once I've bought a program it's cost me twice as much as I used to spend.

MB
    I don't get to go to many concerts of a high standard, living where I live. I've seen Carmina Burana at the Royal Albert Hall on a school trip and I've been to see performances of Bach's St. John's Passion and the St. Matthew one at Carlisle cathedral. They were good.

ReputationRep:
    for those of us in london, we should go to aprom together - anyone up for that?

MB

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.