Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's always

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buttercup26)
    I'm glad that there are people out there who genuinely appreciate classical music
    As for me, I am in love with Chopin's piano works, especially his nocturnes. Tchaikovsky is brilliant too - his Nutcracker suite is beyond amazing.

For those of you who would like to explore more of classical music, YouTube is great. You'll also be able to gain more exposure to the performers performing their pieces.
    I find classic FM great too, they usually play brilliant stuff there. I found Dvorak's serenade there and I fell in love with it *w*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.alexanderh)
    There's always

Lovely stuff :yy:
    A friend suggested this and was going to look it up. Thanks for doing the leg (or finger) work.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I can't link the video I used to watch it from, but I HAVE to recommend/mention Mitsuko Uchida playing Mozart's Piano Concerto No 21 (I think?) in D minor. It's just absolutely brilliant

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    So we got some new music out in my orchestra yesterday, absolutely buzzing to play it. Love Suk, and the ending is one of the most powerful endings I can think of.

54 minutes in for the start of Praga by Josef Suk.

ReputationRep:
    Words cannot describe how pleased I am to have found the 'music geeks' of TSR. Hi! I'll be spending a lot of time here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigorain)
    Words cannot describe how pleased I am to have found the 'music geeks' of TSR. Hi! I'll be spending a lot of time here
    Haha, well welcome then ;D I unfortunately am far from a music geek but welcome nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    Was hoping something like this would be here. Hello everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackbirdy412)
    Was hoping something like this would be here. Hello everyone.
    Pretty much what I thought when I found this thread but hi anyways

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the Edinburgh International Festival programme? Tickets go on sale this Saturday and there's some goooooood stuff.

www.eif.com

Also, under a month until I'm playing at the Usher Hall with Dame Evelyn Glennie, Nicola Bennedetti, Julian Lloyd Webber, Donald Runnicles and En Shao :woo:

ReputationRep:
    One of my favourite Youtube lutenists-

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone happen to know where I can find some sort of metronome repair service around London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boggieeiggob)
    Anyone happen to know where I can find some sort of metronome repair service around London?

I'd be amazed if you can get it done at less cost than a new one but your best bet is along Denmark Street. Must be the greatest concentration of music shops in town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fingersmith)
    I'd be amazed if you can get it done at less cost than a new one but your best bet is along Denmark Street. Must be the greatest concentration of music shops in town.
    Ah damn D: yeah, I buy everything from Denmark street (except for my new piano) but I haven't seen any repair services there ><' still cant believe Wittner costs so much though!
    Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boggieeiggob)
    Ah damn D: yeah, I buy everything from Denmark street (except for my new piano) but I haven't seen any repair services there ><' still cant believe Wittner costs so much though!
    Thanks anyway

I got my new piano (Roland FP7F) from Rose Morris. Like most people I was going to try it out in the shop and then buy it on the internet but they were so nice and the price was just as good so got it from them. I love it so much, I've bought another one from them for my Dept.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2015
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.