Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Classical Music Society watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

First time listening to Schoenberg in like a year. Ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing this in my orchestra! Whoopee!!

ReputationRep:

oldie but goldie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDgo8DnDpDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keT3Gnypbt4
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Does anyone else really want to see things sometimes but feels awkward as they don't want to look sad going alone but their friends or peers like other things?

ReputationRep:
    I just love Chopin and Balkariev

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Does anyone else really want to see things sometimes but feels awkward as they don't want to look sad going alone but their friends or peers like other things?
    I don't feel sad going to a concert or show by myself and sometimes make friends with someone who is also there as the shared experience makes it very easy to strike up a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I have managed to book a box for The Messiah in Liverpool in January, for £12 for 4 seats because of me and my orchestra friend's young musician's card!

ReputationRep:
    I ALWAYS have a classical music concert in my diary to go see. It gives me something to look forward to! I've never been alone but then again, every time I've been to one I've ended up having a conversation with a stranger! (Usually elderly people)

I wouldn't be ashamed going alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Love Piazzola

ReputationRep:

Es muy interesante.

ReputationRep:

hee hee hee

ReputationRep:
    If only I could play the cello... :rolleyes: :love:

ReputationRep:
    Just a random one I listen to at this moment. Stauss Senior and The Radetzky March.

ReputationRep:
    So, what's happening here at the mo? Personally, I perform opera and classical singing and aim to audition for music college in a few years. Can't waaait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiRC)
    So, what's happening here at the mo? Personally, I perform opera and classical singing and aim to audition for music college in a few years. Can't waaait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any videos of you?
    Who is your idol?

ReputationRep:
    No videos yet. Only been in a few filmed concerts when I was younger (didn't have a solo) and the Gilbert and Sullivan's I've been in so far I haven't had a big role. Although I do have a bigger one in this year's Mikado

Sarah Connolly is amazing, also useful that it's turning out she's sung a lot of my repertoire! Diana Damrau has performed the most amazing 'Queen of the Night' aria (in my opinion, from what I've heard). Patricia Bardon has a wonderful voice as well...the list goes on!

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiRC)

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not singer or something, just listen to great voices.
    But I prefer classics such as Callas, Schwarzkopf, Caballe, Sutherland (female).
    So I was just curious and wanted know how a newcomer is doing.

ReputationRep:
    ^ How unusual that Nilsson isn't in your lists!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.