Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Classical Music Society watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danadd9)
    ^ How unusual that Nilsson isn't in your lists!

She is, I just did not want to count everyone.

But to be honest, for me there is just Callas and a bit Schwarzkopf and then the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Janet Baker too perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dot tend to listen to men, but Bryn Terfel is amaaazing and others I can't remember the names of...damned memory!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you guys know, I have founded a Shostakovich Society if anyone is interested in joining!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

So my name is Dora. I've been playing the piano since I was three years old, and I'm currently preparing for my final performance here in Hungary. I've recently taken up singing and am quite good at it. (I prefer singing over paino tbh.) I plan to continue singing alongside A-levels at possibly university. I don't really have a 'favourite' composer, but I absolutely love Schuber, Schumann, Grieg, Chopin, Haydn, Mozart and Purcell, to name a few!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Hi all,

So my name is Dora. I've been playing the piano since I was three years old, and I'm currently preparing for my final performance here in Hungary. I've recently taken up singing and am quite good at it. (I prefer singing over paino tbh.) I plan to continue singing alongside A-levels at possibly university. I don't really have a 'favourite' composer, but I absolutely love Schuber, Schumann, Grieg, Chopin, Haydn, Mozart and Purcell, to name a few!
    No love for Beethoven?

Any video of you where we can see your talent?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I nearly forgot about Beethoven!

Sadly I don't have any youtube videos just yet, but I'll definitely send you a fragment of my final performance.

ReputationRep:
    I visited Budapest last year and absolutely fell in love with it, especially the Opera House. Mind you, by the end of the week I was thinking, "If I hear 'Czardas' just one more time..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fingersmith)
    I visited Budapest last year and absolutely fell in love with it, especially the Opera House. Mind you, by the end of the week I was thinking, "If I hear 'Czardas' just one more time..."
    Well, you can always listen to it on youtube.
    Btw, just in case you want to look it up, it's spelt 'csárdás'.

ReputationRep:

Bump :moon:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Girlfriend discovered contemporary classical music the other night, and was terrified.
    I spent a good part of Saturday night showing her pieces like this-

I can't say she was amused

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Got to hear the head of my music school perform a Bach programme last night.
    Very nice.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.