Turn on thread page Beta

History AQA - how'd it go? watch

ReputationRep:
    How'd everyone find History then?
    Soooo much better than I thought- I'd never been so nervous about an exam in my life1 but all the limited stuff I knew came up so... i'm so glad it's over!
    :party:

Hope y'all feel reasonably good, but post even if you don't! xxx raven

ReputationRep:
    Yup, glad its over Huuuuge weight off my shoulders!! Its hard to know how I did on European paper, it was hard, but managed to struggle through it. The British compulsory one was really hard, I did crap. But absolutely went to town on Gladstone's domestic/foreign policy, so should make up for that. my prediction: comfortable B

(but I need an A )

ReputationRep:
    it was ok. The first british source question on Peel was awful tho' - the sources were a bit random. Russian essay was fine, but the source essay included agriculture and industry, so i ran out of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofa King)
    Yup, glad its over Huuuuge weight off my shoulders!! Its hard to know how I did on European paper, it was hard, but managed to struggle through it. The British compulsory one was really hard, I did crap. But absolutely went to town on Gladstone's domestic/foreign policy, so should make up for that. my prediction: comfortable B

(but I need an A )
    Which ones did you do? I need an A too but i think i got a B... I hope! I may get an A overall with a B

ReputationRep:
    Which modules did everyone take?? Alternative L really wasn't as good as all that, at least the presidents part of it wasn't. That question on LBJ was really bad and I just know I've messed it up. Civil rights was ok and so was my British module - just hope that makes up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven4723)
    How'd everyone find History then?
    Soooo much better than I thought- I'd never been so nervous about an exam in my life1 but all the limited stuff I knew came up so... i'm so glad it's over!
    :party:

Hope y'all feel reasonably good, but post even if you don't! xxx raven
    You know I'm not on AQA, but I'm posting to say well done anyway, I'm glad your exam went well!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks white_redrose! I took alternatives N and B. Glad everyone thinks they did ok so far..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven4723)
    Which ones did you do? I need an A too but i think i got a B... I hope! I may get an A overall with a B
    I did the one that no one seems to do apart from my school: Alternative D fro euro, France 1814-1914, and Q for British, 1841 to 1886, which everyone seems to be doing! yeh, the Peel question had weird sources that didn't really complement each other...don't know what they were thinking :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t_muir11)
    Which modules did everyone take?? Alternative L really wasn't as good as all that, at least the presidents part of it wasn't. That question on LBJ was really bad and I just know I've messed it up. Civil rights was ok and so was my British module - just hope that makes up for it.
    Why did you think it was bad? What did you write for it? I rejected the statement and said that JFK, LBJ and Congress should all be credited for the Great Society. I thought both L and U were nice papers, much easier than I thought anyway. Glad they're over now, was dreading these history exams.

ReputationRep:
    I did alternative F (Russia 1881-1985) and that went absolutely terrible! Il be lucky if i scrape a C, i also did alternative N which went slightly better, hopefully i could scrape an B in that one! Need an B overall! Im so glad its over though!

Does anybody else struggle with time? i.e. i never finish the questions!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did manage to finish the last questions on each paper but only after rushing and missing out a few more points I wanted to make. I don't understand why they advise you to spend 45 minutes on section A - 30 marks, and then 45 minutes for the last 20 mark questions. I didn't start the last question until about an hour on both papers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was the same - I spent way more time on the first q but that carries more marks so I think its ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofa King)
    I did the one that no one seems to do apart from my school: Alternative D fro euro, France 1814-1914, and Q for British, 1841 to 1886,
    You weren't the only one, because i did alternative D as well, I thought it went pretty well actually, exactly what i had prepared for which was a relief. I had to laugh though when i saw the sources because one of them was written by my old teacher!!
    Alternative T (Liberal democracies) was a different matter!! The british questions went ok but i really didn't know what to make of the french questions.

Glad its over now!!

jonny

ReputationRep:
    What essays questions did ppl chose for Britain 1841-1886

ReputationRep:
    A sweet sweet set of papers.

Option E; Russia & Germany 1825(48)- 1945
    Option P; Hanoverian Britian 1756 - 1791

What an unbearable weekend for revision that was though!

ReputationRep:
    Option C: Monarchy in the Age of Enlightenment. The France question was a bit weird, the Russia question about Catherine and the Enlightenment was a gift from God. I love God.

My British paper, Option O: Monarchy Challenged, Restrained, Rejected, Restored was also quite nice. Turning the paper over to see that the compulsary question was on the first four years made me dance and dance and dance. The fact that there was an essay on the Personal Rule made me happy too.

All in all, with my frantic weekend of revision, it wasn't too bad. I should be able to go to university now, as yesterday, I was resigning myself to the fact I wouldn't be able to go this year.

ReputationRep:
    My teachers took my question papers off me at the end. When I asked why, they said that people were incommunicado, to which I replied "yes, there are people incommunicado."

Kind of makes you wonder how much faith there is in the incommunicado system! :p:

M.

ReputationRep:
    I did USA and Britain 1841-1886

That Peel question was horrible! I love Peel but I was not prepared for that (which is annoying considering I could have given detailed answers in the reason for Disraeli and Gladstones defeats. Ho hum). I think I really messed it up.

However my section B went really well. I did the 1867 Reform Act one which was lovely. I had lots and lots of historical opinion and many points. Thank god. I almost did the Chartism question but I thought that everyone would do that (besides its so deadly dull, we did it to death at the beginning of the year).

American went quite well. The source question was good. Some of the only preparation I did for that was making a list of all the Supreme Court decisions so I was pretty happy. Although I forgot to mention Truman. Oops.

For the essays I did the Reagan and Nixon one. It wasnt too bad except that I only realised it didnt ask for social policy after finishing the paragraph about it. I usually love Johnson questions (and HATE reagan) but that was weird. Also thats the fourth year in a row that theres been a question on Johnson. Whats their problem?

ReputationRep:
    History Option L part A was absoloutly fine especially question 1 b. Part B wasn't so nice I did the nixon and reagan question but i think i totally messed it up as i didnt really revise domestic policy!!! I also spent about an hour and 20mins on section A and 30 odd mins on section B...thank god I had extra time or i wouldn't even have finnished!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kivin)
    Why did you think it was bad? What did you write for it? I rejected the statement and said that JFK, LBJ and Congress should all be credited for the Great Society. I thought both L and U were nice papers, much easier than I thought anyway. Glad they're over now, was dreading these history exams.
    I found it difficult largely because I was unsure as to which parts of the great society Johnson/congress were exclusively responsible for. Also I split my essay into talking about his policies at first, then argued that it was Johnson's skill that was responsible at manipulating the situation thanks to JFK, and went on to argue you could also say congress were essential because of the majority LBJ got etc. I don't think I structured my essay very well and I can imagine I'll not get many marks for it. Civil rights was fine though.

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.