Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AQA

Germany 1880-1980 including Nazi Germany - went quite well, but I didn't like the economic stuff.

Tudors, Reaction, Reformation and Age of Elizabeth - loved the optional questions and had an absolute field day on a Reformation one I chose, but not so keen on the set one. So we'll see. I can't really tell how Ive done as parts went well, others not so well.

ReputationRep:
    *cackle* I thought we'd get Peel. I just had a feeling and was proved right^^ The question was a l'il horrible though. The sources were fine (they only contradicted each other through emphasis, and that's due to the books they were extracted from), but the essay was a little...odd. I gave up halfway through, went to write about Dizzy (yay 1867 oppurtunism! It was a nice essay, actually), then went back to finish off Peel (although his horse did that a long time ago). I rambled on about different things, concluding with him quitting because of the MPs feeling betrayed, even though they never had been (Peel was always about free trade, right back to 1819).

I also did European E, about Russia and Germany, and got my timing a little awry meaning I needed to rush Stalin, but due to the essay's similiarity to one I'd done and used for revision, I was able to rush a fairly decent rant against his 5 Year Plans and purges. As for the synoptic question, it was the first time I was ever able to finish one! I got lots in though, from Decembrist Revolts and Carlsbad Decrees to Weimar Universal Suffrage and Stalinist totalitarianism. All in all, no real problems, except my hand is still feeling numb 5 hours after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cartouche)
    *cackle* I thought we'd get Peel. I just had a feeling and was proved right^^ The question was a l'il horrible though. The sources were fine (they only contradicted each other through emphasis, and that's due to the books they were extracted from), but the essay was a little...odd. I gave up halfway through, went to write about Dizzy (yay 1867 oppurtunism! It was a nice essay, actually), then went back to finish off Peel (although his horse did that a long time ago). I rambled on about different things, concluding with him quitting because of the MPs feeling betrayed, even though they never had been (Peel was always about free trade, right back to 1819).

I also did European E, about Russia and Germany, and got my timing a little awry meaning I needed to rush Stalin, but due to the essay's similiarity to one I'd done and used for revision, I was able to rush a fairly decent rant against his 5 Year Plans and purges. As for the synoptic question, it was the first time I was ever able to finish one! I got lots in though, from Decembrist Revolts and Carlsbad Decrees to Weimar Universal Suffrage and Stalinist totalitarianism. All in all, no real problems, except my hand is still feeling numb 5 hours after the exam.

You must be telepathetic, you're right about everthing!

I hated the first source questions. I didn't really think they agreed about anything. But, i thought the betrayal was good, because i had done an essay about it couple of weeks ago.

I thought the Dizzy question was awful tho' . Didnt it say the 1867 reform act was better the 1884 reform act- but thats not true :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i did nazi state and thought it was fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy Rich$$)
    You must be telepathetic, you're right about everthing!

I hated the first source questions. I didn't really think they agreed about anything. But, i thought the betrayal was good, because i had done an essay about it couple of weeks ago.

I thought the Dizzy question was awful tho' . Didnt it say the 1867 reform act was better the 1884 reform act- but thats not true :confused:
    I can assure you I'm not in on any of the exams. I'm actually a little freaked by it, to be honest, but logically, the lack of Peel in even the choice questions recently meant he needed a big comeback. Also, you read the Dizzy question wrong: it was talking about the 1866 reform bill that Gladstone attempted and which failed. Not overly synoptic, come to think of it, so I'm worried now. It's presence above the Gladstone essay suggests it wasn't utilising 1884 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven4723)
    Thanks white_redrose! I took alternatives N and B. Glad everyone thinks they did ok so far..
    I do those too! Which questions did you answer? I did the European one about the religious/political aspects of the 1572 revolt, the comulsory one on Elizabeth rather than Henry and then the one about Elizabeth's polocies upto 1566 being successful becuase of Mary's unpopularity rather than her political skill. I was really pleased with that one - happiest I think I've ever come out of history exam. Wasn't so sure about European though...

ReputationRep:
    i did the same European one as you - Was so hoping that would come up - I only know Neths up to 1576 lol, and then I did Henry and the foreign policy one last. I've never come out of a history exam that happy, i hope i did as well as I thought.

ReputationRep:
    Tudors, Reaction, Reformation and Age of Elizabeth - loved the optional questions and had an absolute field day on a Reformation one I chose, but not so keen on the set one.
    me too! i really was pleased to get a Henry question, especially a Reformation one!

it seems im the only one who did option J european, which kinda like option N, i found that question 1 was a bit manky, but really like the optional question! i did the one about Stalin's foreign policy being practical over ideological! was well chuffed cus id revised that essay last nite!

glad its over, but still got unit6 to go! (not looking fwd to that!-more sources and no optional question!)

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was hard. My European paper was quite terrible and then so was the compulsory question on Britain. However I picked Lloyd George as the optional question and breezed through it. I hope I made up the marks there :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    I do those too! Which questions did you answer? I did the European one about the religious/political aspects of the 1572 revolt, the compulsory one on Elizabeth rather than Henry and then the one about Elizabeth's policies up to 1566 being successful becuase of Mary's unpopularity rather than her political skill. I was really pleased with that one - happiest I think I've ever come out of history exam. Wasn't so sure about European though...
    I did the same questions as you! I was sooo pleased with the patronage/faction question, as I'd been looking at that the night before (who says frantic last minute revision is a bad idea?), but kinda ran out of time on the other Liz question. European could have been worse, but I really don't like that side of things.

ReputationRep:
    how difficult was the peel question for Q???i really prepared for peel but i had hardly contemplated that area of question!!what did everyone write about~?also, did any one do the gladstone domestic/foreign policy one!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binkyxxxx)
    how difficult was the peel question for Q???i really prepared for peel but i had hardly contemplated that area of question!!what did everyone write about~?also, did any one do the gladstone domestic/foreign policy one!?

i have no idea for the first peel question, i wrote some crap about employment making foos cheaper. I thought the 20 party one was nice, about the betrayal of party. I main talked about, reintroduction of income tax, Ireland, repeal of corn laws and import duties.

ReputationRep:
    The Peel essay was rather odd, as it never really allowed you to build up a straight arguement, so I had to break up the question into whether Peel had actually betrayed his party, why they only reacted to this in 1846, and whether his hand was forced into his resignation legislation. I actually used the phrase 'satisfying legislation' at one point, which shows my mindset at the time. I was helped by having done a long biography of Peel's early career for the beginning of the school year, having misheard instructions to make brief notes, yet I remembered such things as his introduction of the Gold Standard in 1819. I concluded that he did resign due to MPs feeling betrayed, yet Peel had actually never betrayed anyone.

ReputationRep:
    argh, im so worried about that exam. i rambled on about something to do with how the party was united cosa what he did do, but basically the corn laws pushed them 2 far and stuff. it really wasnt what id prepared for on peel. v. disppointing!!

ReputationRep:
    God you guys had me worried, I thought I'd missed my Peel retake until I noticed you're doing AQA... My edexcel ones this friday!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.