Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Please could you tell me whether I put my predicted grades on my CV or not? Do I put my AS grades on or not, because i'm doing A Level now. Also, if you got an E in General studies and the rest of your AS grades and predicted grades are AAB, would it be a good idea not to put the general studies grade down? Also if I don't put down predicted grades should i just write down subjects currently studying, or results pending or something?

Thanks

Emma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma155)
    Hi!

Please could you tell me whether I put my predicted grades on my CV or not? Do I put my AS grades on or not, because i'm doing A Level now. Also, if you got an E in General studies and the rest of your AS grades and predicted grades are AAB, would it be a good idea not to put the general studies grade down? Also if I don't put down predicted grades should i just write down subjects currently studying, or results pending or something?

Thanks

Emma
    If I were you I would put my predicted grades on there, but I wouldn't put the E in general studies - it wouldn't really add to your CV!

ReputationRep:
    I would say it doesn't really mater as long as you definetly mention what subjects you are doing, unless it is a full time job then it probably would be of benefit to mention predicted grades (you can always be leniant with the truth! lol)

I wouldn't bother with general studies, I'm targeted an A and I'm not going to add it as I don't value it and neither do most prospective employers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawrence4)
    I would say it doesn't really mater as long as you definetly mention what subjects you are doing, unless it is a full time job then it probably would be of benefit to mention predicted grades (you can always be leniant with the truth! lol)

I wouldn't bother with general studies, I'm targeted an A and I'm not going to add it as I don't value it and neither do most prospective employers
    Thank you very much! Thats is very useful! It is for a full time job, as a sales ledger clerk, its only temp for 6 months, but pay of 11k-14k a year so half of either of those figures would be great, as I'm going to apply for uni for September 2006. Should I put my teachers predic6ted grades of mine, I predict myself AAB, but teachers have written AAA on my monitoring grades/predicted grades...what was my german teacher thinking, theres no way I'll ever get an A in german

ReputationRep:
    Just in case you don't know here's a quick how to on CV template in Word.

I would say it doesn't matter about your predicted grades, unless it requires German an A or B is highly impressive.

Another quick tip on your cv, try to keep it to a page and also include a covering letter (short, sweet to the point), make it look as professional as possible, read through it yourself then get someone else to look through it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a CV (In Microsoft Word)

+ On the File menu, click New.
    + In the New Document task pane, under New from template, click General Templates.
    + Click the Other Documents tab.
    + Double-click Résumé Wizard.
    + If you do not see this wizard in the Templates dialog box, you might need to install it.

+ Follow the steps in the wizard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck, hope this is of help, any more advice needed just ask

ReputationRep:
    thanks, you've just helped me out loads!!!!! wow! thanks =D

ReputationRep:
    I got told that on a CV you don't put the grades you've actually acheived, or going to acheive, but just the how many exams you did, for example, you write dates you went to school from/to, what school you went to, number of GCSEs or A levels you passed whilst you were there.

E.g. 1996-2001 Name of High School 10 GSCEs obtained
    2001-2003 Nmae ofCollege 4 A levels obtained

I don't have my grades written down, and no one (interviewers, etc) have ever mentioned to me that I should write my grades on it.

I think, though, if I were set to get 3 grade A's I'd be shouting about it, I'd take prime position at the top of my CV!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Silly Wench)
    I got told that on a CV you don't put the grades you've actually acheived, or going to acheive, but just the how many exams you did, for example, you write dates you went to school from/to, what school you went to, number of GCSEs or A levels you passed whilst you were there.

E.g. 1996-2001 Name of High School 10 GSCEs obtained
    2001-2003 Nmae ofCollege 4 A levels obtained

I don't have my grades written down, and no one (interviewers, etc) have ever mentioned to me that I should write my grades on it.

I think, though, if I were set to get 3 grade A's I'd be shouting about it, I'd take prime position at the top of my CV!!!
    I think it's acceptable either way, though as you say, if you get particularly good grades, I'd put them on to show off a bit !
    Jenn xx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.