Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When we recieve our results, are our actual percentage results shown as well as the grades particularly in aqa. In ccea results are shown with ur grades. Are we also given the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    They will show the UMS (uniformed mark scale) and an overall grade. At the back of the results slip, you would see a table of grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    No, for GCSEs you only see your grades. Trev's talking about ASs and A2s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    No, for GCSEs you only see your grades. Trev's talking about ASs and A2s.
    On my GCSE maths certificate, it has my UMS marks along with a grade. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    On my GCSE maths certificate, it has my UMS marks along with a grade. :confused:
    Must have changed it since I did it then. I didn't get the raw marks or grade boundaries for any of my GCSEs on my certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm my school still hasn't given me my certificates yet ='3

ReputationRep:
    Must have changed it since I did it then. I didn't get the raw marks or grade boundaries for any of my GCSEs on my certificate.
    Forgot to mention, that results slip is from Edexcel. Yeah, it might change then.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends which exam board you do. When I took my GCSEs in 2003, OCR showed the UMS marks while Edexcel and AQA didn't. But this may have changed since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Forgot to mention, that results slip is from Edexcel. Yeah, it might change then.
    Hmm I did my Maths GCSE with Edexcel, and didn't find out my marks... weird.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on you exam board i think ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    I think it depends which exam board you do. When I took my GCSEs in 2003, OCR showed the UMS marks while Edexcel and AQA didn't. But this may have changed since then.
    I did OCR Geography and didn't get my UMS.

ReputationRep:
    I'l be getting my GCSE results this summer - however for the edexcel GNVQ ICT results we got the UMS mark. So it all depends really

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm new here. I'm on holiday when results come through so i'm phoning up school. I heard you can find your results on a website by typing in your candidate number - is that right? x

ReputationRep:
    I heard you can find your results on a website by typing in your candidate number - is that right? x
    I think only a certain board is doing that (Edexcel i think) but you have to register in advance, you can't just type in your details on the day cos they need to check you are the right person for the candidate number.

ReputationRep:
    and by the way - WELCOME

ReputationRep:
    You'l have to check with your school that you can phone them up. My school does not give results over the phone - but your school may be different. I'd check with them before you go on holiday so that if you cant phone them up you can make other arrangements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabbo)
    Hey I'm new here. I'm on holiday when results come through so i'm phoning up school. I heard you can find your results on a website by typing in your candidate number - is that right? x
    They could send the results to your home or you could collect it in the beginning of the school year. As the person said above, telling results through phone might not be possible.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I did my Maths GCSE with Edexcel, and didn't find out my marks... weird.
    Same with WJEC.

ReputationRep:
    i found ouyt my exact marks for maths and r.e. the school get them watever coz you may need to know them if you want it remarked.

ReputationRep:
    I just got overall grades for everything except English and English lit (OCR), which had UMS marks and grades for every exam and piece of coursework taken, and maths (Edexcel), which had a combined UMS mark for exams and one for coursework. You don't find out the grade boundaries, but they'll be available on the exam boards' websites next year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.