Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Argh that's the worst! I put 'after you've tried on clothes' rather than 'before', because I only glanced at 'avant' and thought it said 'apres'. So I'm annoyed about that. (I'm new by the way! - hi!)

(Original post by moonscape)
    yeh i put false, pm, vrai, vrai too, and the last relationship qs i put she had a choice, to either end their relationship, or ignore what others think and get on with her life.
    and the last question i didn't even see i forgot to turn over the page, and i finished the paper in 20 mins, how stupid was i?

ReputationRep:
    what do you think i will get out of two for 'after choosing your clothes, go talk to a female shop assitant' i think ill get one for the second half of my answer. how was the writing? the second question was stupid

ReputationRep:
    yeah writing was quite difficult. which celebrity did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awes)
    what do you think i will get out of two for 'after choosing your clothes, go talk to a female shop assitant' i think ill get one for the second half of my answer. how was the writing? the second question was stupid
    1 i should imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Writing was really hard. I've totally failed french ah well uf only my teacher would have listened and put me in for foundation.

ReputationRep:
    You should get one, though to get two you HAVE to imply before, they pull that trick a lot.

For the sport one, I think I put F PM V V, I changed that a lot so heaven knows what I put in the end. That damn question was so badly worded.

For section B

(i) - true love can make you happy
    - The relationship has finished cos the guy lives far away
    - if she sees him again she hopes they can be friends

(ii) She has a bf with black skin cos hes indian, and when they meet up in the evenings, people make rude remarks (I put remarks even though it's looks) cos they're racist

(iii) - Carry on living her life
    - Break up with her boyfirend

(Or something to that effect)

The one about who only wants to correspond with girls was a bit tricky, got me thinking but I got it in the end I hope!

Oh, and the Heather question, I put: (obviously in french)

(i) - she studies in france
    (ii) - The thingy is a cafe
    (iii) - she stays with karolines family
    (iv) - She wants to go to america like her au pair thing (just copied out the sentence)
    (v) - dallas and texas are her cats

Apart from that, nothing seemed too bad

ReputationRep:
    The one about who only wants to correspond with girls was a bit tricky
    , it took me ages to spot 'une correspondante', they shouldn't make qs like this

ReputationRep:
    Oh who was the one who only wanted girls?/ I just guessed Valerie.

ReputationRep:
    it was the one that had a e in correspandante in brackets

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I've got all the other ones right and I thought it was a bit sneaky saying loves gateaus and then matching it with patiserie.

ReputationRep:
    it wasnt the one with the e in brackets because the brackets mean that it could be a boy or a girl! it was the second or third person on the right hand side, can't remember the name though...

ReputationRep:
    Laure was her name - that was such a biatchy question lol! I was trying to spot that one right at the end. Btw i totally agree that the Heather question was horrible i said that dallas and wotnot were in the USA hahahhah i never read it was cats lol!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh and i put False, PM Vrai Vrai as well lol

ReputationRep:
    ^ so did i. woohoo.

ReputationRep:
    yeh the correspondate one was the one with ONLY the e in the end not the one with brackets..yeh that took a me a while to figure out lol..well i was making sure i hadnt missed one that said only filles lol
    anyways chuffed i got that
    and yeh i put
    (i) - she studies in france
    (ii) - The thingy is a cafe
    (iii) - she stays with karolines family
    (iv) - She wants to go to america like her au pair thing (just copied out the sentence)
    (v) - dallas and texas are her cats

pretty much that (above) for my answers too..except i put the name of the university she studies at and where and yeh she wants to go to america and that dallas and texas are 2 cats lol :p:
    yay

so glad that paper wasnt too bad

ReputationRep:
    Quoting Chewwy: ^ so did i. woohoo.

me too! yay!

ReputationRep:
    i went and translated diablo rouge to baton rouge - a place in the USA . I said she lived there lol.

Other questions were ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RudyKatoch)
    Laure was her name - that was such a biatchy question lol! I was trying to spot that one right at the end. Btw i totally agree that the Heather question was horrible i said that dallas and wotnot were in the USA hahahhah i never read it was cats lol!
    ARGH I did that as well LOL...actually I thought this whole paper was a bit of a bugger..harder than most past papers imo, especially towards the end! And the food question was a pile of crap too! Really badly worded! I think I put F, F, V, V in the end ...nearly put PM for the 2nd one as it didn't mention boys but then I thought it said that Fast Food was not popular so I just put F...I'm thinking I was wrong now though lol.....

For the last one I couldn't think for the life of me what essayer was... put "If you want help, please talk to a sales assistant!" :rolleyes: quite annoyed with the paper actually, was hoping for an A* but not sure now :confused: the female correspondant question was also VERY sneaky I agree! I put Laure in the end after about 5 minutes thinking there must be an error on the paper lol! Grr to AQA :p: for the "chevaux" person I forgot that was the plural for horses and was looking for a hairdresser or something LOL..then realised it must be the "l'equitation" person...argh I hope I got my grade!

I got cafe too btw, cos Heather said that they don't have cafes like that in the US...

Sally x

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do French modular? I did, and I did reading and writing today as well, but it sounds totally different from yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I found it ok. Much better than previous years. But yep the heather question was not nice! The last question i put "before trying something on, ask the sales assistant"

I wasnt keen on the question about food, the true or false thing. I think I put false, pm, vrai, vrai. How about everyone else?
    Same as me false, pm, vrai, vrai

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.