Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought what we could do is ask each other questions (eg-essay questions) on ANYTHING in central concepts within this thread.
    So i'll start and then anyone who wants to can answer (more than one person is fine) which means that we'll be looking stuff up and writing it out as we would in an exam. Then we can read each others answers and compare.

Once you've answered a question then post another.
    This way we can point out mistakes etc.

Hope this works.

Lizzy xxxx

Question:

Explain the terms :
    Natural Selection and Species (7 marks )- nicked from june 2002.

or

Mammals also need chemical communication systems. These systems allow them to respond to the changed in their internal and external enviroment.

Compare using named examples the features of the chemical communication systems of flowering plants and mammals.

(Do bullet points if its easier...i do)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LizzyLizzy)
    (Do bullet points if its easier...i do)
    Wouldnt by doing bullet points lose u the QWC mark?

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily no. if u look at the mark schemes ull see that you're often given the qwc mark for inluding a number of scientific terms or for speelling n legible text etc

or for puttinf two linked sentances or something like that

have a look for yourself
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kurupt1)
    not necessarily no. if u look at the mark schemes ull see that you're often given the qwc mark for inluding a number of scientific terms or for speelling n legible text etc

or for puttinf two linked sentances or something like that

have a look for yourself
    well its just a thing teachers said

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have organised thoughts and get all the knowledge marks than worry about 1 poxy mark for the way its presented.

i'll start then...as no one else seems to.

The term natural selection describes the way that alleles that confer a benifical phenotype will become more prevalent within a species as these adaptions give them an increased chance of survival , they are therefore more likely to live long enough to pass their alleles on to their offspring. Natural slection is the result of selection pressure were by the process is much determined by survival of the fittest.
    The term species describes a group of organisms with simolar morphological (structural), physiological (body processes) , biochemical (genes) and behavoiral feaures whcih can interbreed producing offspring that are of the same species.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would add that species can produce fertile offspring and is reproductively isloated

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good idea.

Anyone got any good nmoninics or anything for remembering the 5 kingdoms.

ReputationRep:
    King Phillip Can Order Five Gold Stockings

ReputationRep:
    how do people remember the stages of meosis and what happens in each? it wont fit in my brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzyLizzy)
    Yeah good idea.

Anyone got any good nmoninics or anything for remembering the 5 kingdoms.
    king phylum came over for good sex

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 20, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.