Turn on thread page Beta

Need help with my :History B :Modern world 2nd paper tommorrow 21/06/2005 watch

ReputationRep:
    i need help with this paper i'm doing tomorrow i think i'm really going to struggle with this paper first of all

its the british depth study paper 1906 -1918

i know that the paper will have
    The Liberal Reforms,
    The Suffrage movement or the first world war

i know this paper is going to have source questions as well (don't all history papers)

my test is 1 hour and 20 mins and its at 9 in the morrning my promblem is

the liberal reforms , i mean i have been on tones of revison sites and there f*** all on them i mean bitesize has nothing
    sam learning is a joke

all the other sites like school history .co.uk suck cause there not very clear and too the point

i dont knwo what i have to learn about the reforms and i know that at least 75% of my paper will be on them
    i mean i know there was , :Trade disputes acts ,workmens compensation acts, schools meals acts , but i have found no information on what these acts all did .
    I mean with the school meals act i can make a educated gusse about what that act did but what aboutt he rest of them i need to crap as much as i can with in the next few hours or else i'm failing GCSE history the frist paper was piss except the stuff on the new deal at the end but my second paper i'm going to struggle on

can any one recomend a site that has CLEAR information on it and summaries not a load of text and useless long winded paragraphs i ahvn't got the time to be filtering out what i need .

Oh and while i'm talking about this paper with the world war 1 stuff what do i need to know , do i need to know like :
    who was in it , the powers , the way it effected the counrty , and all that stuff liek proaganda or what .

oh and i'm asuming the suffrage movemnt is bassiclly about the suffragets and suffregets and how they behaved and stuff like that and what they wanted etc

so can someone please please please help me out here i'm panicing i'm not crap at history jsut i don't feel confident about it ,
    can any one recomed any sites or give me any useful info on what i need to be looking at

Thanks for any and all help that i get

BYTW any one still siting the any more exams other than histroy should use samlearning.com its the best revsion site except its crap when it coems to histroy

ReputationRep:
    You can PM me if you like, i have all information that you'll need for tomorrow. I'm happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    doen all ready PM-ed you i have tones of notes at the moment sacttered around my floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axle05)
    doen all ready PM-ed you i have tones of notes at the moment sacttered around my floor
    I hate loads on notes. I have just Pm, sorry if it was long, we want you to do well afterall. Anything you need i'll help,

ReputationRep:
    bit late but thanks for all the help you pm-ed me it was nice and clear and useful

if thats all i have to know plus the first wwar i'll be fine
    still a bit pissed theres no good revison sites

ReputationRep:
    Just read your textbooks, its what I'm doing! Right now I couldn't tell you anything about the Liberal Reforms, but if you ask me again in 3 hours I'll know it all!

ReputationRep:
    LOL sod that mate its source querstions ytou need to be looking at liberal reform type sources and try to work out the messages i hope the paper has world war one propergander on it tommorrow i can do that butnthis liberal stuff errrr i ahte it

its the thing my school studyied the least

beeen revising this stuff all day got a good understandiong of the first world war and the suffregets and gists just the main topic of liberals i'm worried about

ithink most the questions will be about how Loyde geroge was a pionir bascilly for the poor with his opinions and how old people needed the old age pension act

Good luck tomorrow try to get some sleep itts now 10 at night i'm revsing till 1/2 past then i'm palying my ps2 to relax me then i'm going to bed

ReputationRep:
    wt's PM btw? how'd u do that? n how does it help lol.

ReputationRep:
    it means private message so if i sent a pm to u u would check ur inbox and there would be wat i said to u

on topic

on liberal reforms as it is source work they will expect us to use the sources and a bit of our own knoledge my teacher siad if there was someone who didnt do history and went into the exams they could get A* becoz the most important thing is how u interpretate the source !!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    yup he is right
    not alotta stuff needed
    source skills

ReputationRep:
    A* my ass

its hard work you could easy get a c by describing whats in the source but your forgeting your course work needs to be good as well and you need to back up all statemnets you make or you get leavl one marks which is like 1,2 out of 12

ReputationRep:
    hey i didnt say im gettiong a* bu just saying that it is possible in THAT paper to get A* im not tlking bout coursework!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    trust me you couldn't you could get a b at most and i wans't saying you in a particular just saying as a generlisation

ReputationRep:
    Quit being mean i did the same paper 2 years ago and got an A* and there's a story to go with it too

Try not to worry too much. Use your common sense as well as your historical knowledge

Liberal reforms try to remember
    The date of each one
    What happened (just a sentence)
    Why they were implemented (Labour rising in power, Germany had a much better work force because they had a better health plan and were winning the industrial war, so many people below the poverty line, various studies etc)

Suffragettes most likely q's are things about the Cat and Mouse Act (about letting people out of prison once they started starving themselves but taking them back in when they regained weight) reasons for and against giving them the vote (They'd be more spiritual so yes or they were too irrational no)
    and do you think they were successful in getting the vote
    For - well they did!!
    - they made a big fuss and got attention

Against - it helped the politicians who were saying that women were too irrational and crazy to be allowed to vote

Hope that helps a bit

I'd offer my notes but you've only got until tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    yup he is right
    not alotta stuff needed
    source skills
    To be honest I'd still say it's more knowledge than source! I mean, what are you going to say about a source without any knowledge? You can't just describe the picture, say it's pretty and you think the drawings are good, and expect to get a good grade!

ReputationRep:
    No, no it's perfectly possible to get your A*. Right before my mocks, my teacher mentioned how the suffragettes would (or may) be on my mock exams, so what did i do: revise everything on women's suffrage. Then, i opened the paper and it was the Home Front or sommit like that. I was horrified!!!! But, i mananaged to blag that exam by using tarty englishy words like allegory, personification, ceasura or wotever and just mentioned bias and vested interest etc. and with a little common sense, you could get it. And btw, im not bragging or wotever, and i hated this topic anyway (i think its the one with DORA and stuff right?) So it's possible!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh, it is isnt clear, but when i got my results, i got an A*. So don't worry! I wish you all the best of luck! WOO HOO It's all over today!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.