The Student Room Group

The Queen gets an iPod!

"Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly joined millions of iPod users today – as she approved the purchase of a six gigabyte silver iPod mini. The iPod mini was purchased by a royal staffer for £169 ($309), reports The Sun – a daily British tabloid.

The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, who is the Queen’s second son, was said to be behind the iPod purchase. It is believed he will be the one to educate the Queen how one uses ones iPod; Prince Andrew was her mentor after a cell phone purchase in 2001. The Queen is not planning on downloading music herself, rather a staffer close to the Queen will prepare and download playlists for her.

The purchase comes shortly after U.S. President George W. Bush announced his adoption of an iPod a few months ago. Although President Bush unsurprisingly packed his iPod with country tunes, it's unknown what the Queen will load hers with (ed. One wonders whether the Sex Pistols made the grade).

Neowin would like to ask you - what do you think the Queen will put on her new iPod mini?!"

....a bit hip for a granny?! :biggrin:

from neowin.net and msnbc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
technik
"Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly joined millions of iPod users today as she approved the purchase of a six gigabyte silver iPod mini. The iPod mini was purchased by a royal staffer for £169 ($309), reports The Sun a daily British tabloid.

The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, who is the Queen’s second son, was said to be behind the iPod purchase. It is believed he will be the one to educate the Queen how one uses ones iPod; Prince Andrew was her mentor after a cell phone purchase in 2001. The Queen is not planning on downloading music herself, rather a staffer close to the Queen will prepare and download playlists for her.

The purchase comes shortly after U.S. President George W. Bush announced his adoption of an iPod a few months ago. Although President Bush unsurprisingly packed his iPod with country tunes, it's unknown what the Queen will load hers with (ed. One wonders whether the Sex Pistols made the grade).

Neowin would like to ask you - what do you think the Queen will put on her new iPod mini?!"

Woah!!!

I dont have an ipod. The queen is cooler than me :eek:
Reply 2
:rofl:
Reply 3
rock on the queen wahoo!
Reply 4
Vixen
Woah!!!

I dont have an ipod. The queen is cooler than me :eek:

i love the wording, it almost borders on taking the piss.

"The Queen is not planning on downloading music herself, rather a staffer close to the Queen will prepare and download playlists for her"

well...she couldnt be doing it for herself now could she! :biggrin:

can you imagine if it was ebayed as the queens official ipod. would sell for thousands
Reply 5
Like to see her reaction when she can't replacee the battery...
Reply 6
im not that suprised i hard before that shes a fan of ozzy osboune
Reply 7
Kard
Like to see her reaction when she can't replacee the battery...

whos going to bet apple will make sure its the best and most reliable ipod they've ever manufactured. and no "sorry we dont cover that under warranty" crap either i'd expect :biggrin:
Reply 8
technik
"Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly joined millions of iPod users today as she approved the purchase of a six gigabyte silver iPod mini. The iPod mini was purchased by a royal staffer for £169 ($309), reports The Sun a daily British tabloid.

....a bit hip for a granny?! :biggrin:

The old girl cant go past a bit of Britney or Spice Girls.
Reply 9
technik
i love the wording, it almost borders on taking the piss.

"The Queen is not planning on downloading music herself, rather a staffer close to the Queen will prepare and download playlists for her"

well...she couldnt be doing it for herself now could she! :biggrin:

can you imagine if it was ebayed as the queens official ipod. would sell for thousands

LOL! Id love to hear what she puts on it. Or her 'staffer' puts on it I should say :biggrin:

Id buy it if was on ebay!!! But she'll probably put it with the Crown Jewels or something when shes bored of it :frown:
Reply 10
Vixen
LOL! Id love to hear what she puts on it. Or her 'staffer' puts on it I should say :biggrin:

Id buy it if was on ebay!!! But she'll probably put it with the Crown Jewels or something when shes bored of it :frown:

i can just imagine some guy in some posh suit and white gloves standing beside the queen holding the ipod in a silly pose while she listens to it through gold earphones.
Reply 11
Cortez
:rofl:

My sentiments exactly. ROFL :rofl: :rofl: Can imagine her bopping to some Missy Elliott, iPod headphones in tow at some state dinner.
Reply 12
support the ol' UK talent... i reckon some coldplay will def. be on there... but its a bit of a worry when an old lady becomes hipper than you are... i might have to just go and buy one now... or sit in a corner... or something....
Reply 13
Wonder if she will put on some Axel F - Crazy Frog?
Reply 14
the royalPod (tm) with coat of arms

Reply 15
No gold? *shocked*
Is the Queen lowering her standards?
Reply 16
ramroff
No gold? *shocked*
Is the Queen lowering her standards?

i suspect hers will have a diamond encrusted dock, and silk lined pocket clip.
Reply 17
I just imagined the queen listening to hip hop and rnb :rofl: ahhh.
Reply 18
this is the most crap piece of news i have ever heard :rolleyes: trust the sun
Reply 19
TK
this is the most crap piece of news i have ever heard :rolleyes: trust the sun

it wasnt taken from the sun...

Latest

Trending

Trending