The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does this mean Apple get to write all over their literature "By Royal Appointment - Purveyors of Phat Beats to Her Majesty Queen Elizabizzle II MC"?
Reply 21
technik
it wasnt taken from the sun...

oh well. i just skimmed your first post and saw it written so assumed it was taken from there. :rolleyes:
Reply 22
TK
oh well. i just skimmed your first post and saw it written so assumed it was taken from there. :rolleyes:

it may well be in the sun too, but i dont read newspapers.
Reply 23
technik
i suspect hers will have a diamond encrusted dock, and silk lined pocket clip.

As long as she hasn't lowered her standards..:rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 24
technik
it may well be in the sun too, but i dont read newspapers.

technik
The iPod mini was purchased by a royal staffer for £169 ($309), reports The Sun a daily British tabloid.

am i being really thick or something :confused:
Reply 25
TK

yes.
Reply 26
technik
yes.

oh :frown: *goes away*
Reply 27
TK
oh :frown: *goes away*

sup TK :cool:
PR exercise. :wink:
Reply 29
Do you think that iPods will now say "By appointment to her Majesty the Queen" on the back with the seal on it?
Reply 30
thatguy
Do you think that iPods will now say "By appointment to her Majesty the Queen" on the back with the seal on it?

haha that would be great. like fairy liquid
Reply 31
TK

No. It's a report written off information from The Sun, or at least that's what it sounds like from the article. So you're sort of right.

I just can't understand why she's only getting an iPod mini and not a proper iPod, it's not exactly like she has to save for years for one.
Reply 32
technik
i can just imagine some guy in some posh suit and white gloves standing beside the queen holding the ipod in a silly pose while she listens to it through gold earphones.

dont most headphones have gold bits in them to enhance the sound?

anyway, you fellows recall the golden jubilee's free rock concert? i think she does like a good bit of rock!BEYYYONCCEEE!!!
:rofl:
Reply 34
:bawling: I want an ipod too!
Reply 35
ramroff
sup TK :cool:

oooh hello :cool:
technik
"Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly joined millions of iPod users today as she approved the purchase of a six gigabyte silver iPod mini. The iPod mini was purchased by a royal staffer for £169 ($309), reports The Sun a daily British tabloid.

The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, who is the Queen’s second son, was said to be behind the iPod purchase. It is believed he will be the one to educate the Queen how one uses ones iPod; Prince Andrew was her mentor after a cell phone purchase in 2001. The Queen is not planning on downloading music herself, rather a staffer close to the Queen will prepare and download playlists for her.

The purchase comes shortly after U.S. President George W. Bush announced his adoption of an iPod a few months ago. Although President Bush unsurprisingly packed his iPod with country tunes, it's unknown what the Queen will load hers with (ed. One wonders whether the Sex Pistols made the grade).

Neowin would like to ask you - what do you think the Queen will put on her new iPod mini?!"

....a bit hip for a granny?! :biggrin:

from neowin.net and msnbc

LOLZ!!!!111
Reply 37
TK
oooh hello :cool:

how YOU doin babe? :cool:
Reply 38
so..... =\
Reply 39
Hehe, this story is so adorable. :smile:

Latest