Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI
    does ne one know if there is a word limit for the personal statement?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoppetyChops)
    HI
    does ne one know if there is a word limit for the personal statement?

cheers
    650 words - from memory!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    650 words - from memory!
    ok thans so much

though it was 450 so ive cut it down to like 500. that wont matter tho will it.

this is so damn stressful

ReputationRep:
    I havnt sent my application off yet, im getting really worried, is it like on a first come first served basis when they make offers???
    Cos loads of people have already sent the applications off and got offers....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoppetyChops)
    ok thans so much

though it was 450 so ive cut it down to like 500. that wont matter tho will it.

this is so damn stressful
    That'll be OK. I agree 100% with you that the personal statement is the MOST stressful part of completing UCAS application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    I havnt sent my application off yet, im getting really worried, is it like on a first come first served basis when they make offers???
    Cos loads of people have already sent the applications off and got offers....
    The closing date is 15th January so you've got time, but crack on!
    Unis have many years of dealing with applications and though many will make offers as and when they receive them, not all do. Their experience of dealing with applications will probably allow them to deal with later applications on exactly the same basis as earlier ones so you won't be at any great disadvantage. I would say to try and get your school to do it before the holidays or else have it ready to process and send off the first week of the new term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    The closing date is 15th January so you've got time, but crack on!
    Unis have many years of dealing with applications and though many will make offers as and when they receive them, not all do. Their experience of dealing with applications will probably allow them to deal with later applications on exactly the same basis as earlier ones so you won't be at any great disadvantage. I would say to try and get your school to do it before the holidays or else have it ready to process and send off the first week of the new term.
    thankyou, its just alot of people in school have sent theirs off aswell, but i havnt yet because me and my parents seem to have a bit of a disagreement. I wanna go away for uni, but they want me to stay at home and go to canterbury. It should be finished in the next few days, ive just got to make a few corrections on the personal statement and put the unis in that i wanna go to and its all done.

merci beaucoup

ReputationRep:
    It is 52 lines using UCAS Apply

Hope that helps,

Adam
    x

(Original post by creativesurgeon)
    It is 52 lines using UCAS Apply

Hope that helps,

Adam
    x
    I used every single last character available to me when I applied (online), it was massively annoying trying to think of words that are one character shorter than the ones I currently have just so I could fit in everything I wanted to. In hindsight I wish I had used the paper-based applications system!!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.