Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    when do we get the results for this also do we get 4 seprate cetificets or just 1 , i mean the subjetcs worth 4 so do we get 4 sperate grades etc

also does any one know what you need to get to get a pass in the subject ?

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm I expect we get the results with all our other GCSE results. I have a certificate for the unit 1 and 5 exams. But I expect you only get 1 more to say you have the complete GNVQ. Who knows. We've been told a thing! I'm so fed up of this GNVQ. I'm going to fail it!

ReputationRep:
    i think we get a final one say the marks we got and if its distinction merit or pass but i dunno. i thought that the course was really good!.. i suppose it was abit long tho. wot grade are u all hoping to get?

ReputationRep:
    i was told by my teacher (10secs ago via email) that you need 240 marks in the intermediate tir to get a pass and he said i had 239 before i did the graphics unit and he say he rekons i got a merit in graphics which is about 60 so he thinks i passed

he also say you need 340 to get a merit

foundation need 120 marks to pass but the pass is only worth 4 e grades they need to get a distinction which is 268 aparentlly and thhats worth 4 c's

ao id ont know i think i passed

i better get 4 seprate certifictes with the same grade on them i dont want one

what grade do you think you got ?
    is anyone else doing it ?
    what was the hardest unit ?

i think personlly all the units were easy just it depended on other subjects cause i was told firstly graphics is opternal and you dont need to do it then i was told graphics has to be done , so on the 25 last mounth he said do it before the 6th of this mounth or you will fail GNVQ so i thoguth graphics was hard cause A i was doing my GCSE'S during that tiem period and B my teacher gave me no help at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axle05)
    what grade do you think you got ?
    is anyone else doing it ?
    what was the hardest unit ?
    well, my teacher said i got a merit (intermediate tier) so thats 4 Bs i guess.. my teacher said unit 2 was the hardest which is why we had 2 do it first... actually that one was easy.. they were all easy i just spent longer on unit 6 coz i wanted my office 2 look nice and i kept forgetting to do the sketch diagram lol

ReputationRep:
    i would have prefered to do gnvq or at least double award ICT... ... i only did single because it was the only option (and the classes were after school - it was an extra). but i suppose it's OK, because i'm doing 14.5 gcse's without any gnvq's........ but ict is probably my forte, so i'm a bit annoyed...

ReputationRep:
    cool well done getting a merit

trust me if i could i wouldn't have chsoen gnvq because i think it was too much work

i origanllly did graphics (dt) instead of gnvq then 1/2 way through year 10 i changed subject lol

ReputationRep:
    I've got a distinct.

ReputationRep:
    con grats on distiction i got 1 in one exam never got it in my course work

ReputationRep:
    right... lets see :rolleyes:

let me be totally honest to you all... ICT is the easiest subject out there.. though GNVQ requires masses of time and effort its well worth it..also unit 2 was probably the hardest but its cool and beneficial even for degree level ICT!
    the thing is youre highly recommended to do it in two options that means having 10 or 11 hours worth of lessons a fornight , but me : i have 5 hours a fortnight and never do i do any work in school and ive managed 4 A's (u cant gett higher) by doing all the units a few nights before.. so if theres anyone out there who's got the chance to pick GNVQ ICT then pick it!!! 4 excellent GCSE's

therefore ive ive got a very good distinction grade thast 517 marks.. I got full marks for all internal coursework units thats 2,3,7 and 10 and a merit for each test thats Unit 1 and 5 (tests are hard!). But i will have to see since my unit 2 has gone off to be moderated.. and i was only told a night before DAMN!!! i must also inform you ppl whose work also is sent off that the moderaters are very harsh on their moderation esp on Distinction grades and do take the mickey!.. by just not fully comlpeting a distinction criteria they will most likely drop u down from a high distinction grade to a Low Merit and thats why they changing the syllabiss becouse too many kids get away with showing little evidence!!

anyway good luck on youre results

ReputationRep:
    My problem is that we didnt have GNVQ lessons in school We had to do it ALL in our own time without any help. It was realy badly organised and I expect that only about 20 -25 people in my year will actually pass it! I managed to get a pass and a merit in the written exam - but dont have a clue about the other sections! I really dont think I will pass - if I do it will be a 'pass'. It was a good course - however I jsut didnt have the time to do it along with my other subjects - and especially with no help either. I think its wrong that schools make us do these things just for the benefit of their legue tables but dont offer to help us!

ReputationRep:
    We are all forced to do it aswell. If people in my year didnt want to take this exam they had to pay £60 of missed exam fees!

ReputationRep:
    what the ****.. that is crazy then i have to say im shocked to the max by hearing and ust share the sympathy.. according to teh Edexcel you MUSt be offered atleast 5 Lessons a week with help and support although a lot of it should be independant learnign. youre school is stupid lol.... this is a great course... 10 years a go ppl would have been doing this studd at degree level!

if you guys had told me before hand i could have given you a lot of help.. Our school made a GNVQ CD which really helped

hopefully youll pass.. best of luck

ReputationRep:
    5 lessons is true in my school you had to do 3 one week 4 the next but one had to be 2 hours long non stop but because i quite dt to do gnvq i had a lesson every day still not sure how thta worked out cause essentail i was doing 10 hours of it in 2 weeks every one esle was doing 8 :confused:

whats worse about my school is we had a really good ict teacher she knew the s*** backwards brill but then she left and not to offend anyone but my school replaced ehr with a imagrent that couldn't speak englsih and has no idea of how ict works thats no lie i can prove it his first lesson for our multimedia bit of the cousre he said i rented dodge ball watch it or work then he put it on and went otu and left us for an hour every lesson like a d***

people would ahve got like 4 A's but that d*** cost people a lot of grades

Plus on our school pcs we were only allowed get this 100mb of file space !!!!
    WTF IS THAT ABOUT 100MB
    And 50 PRINT CREDITS

tHATS s*** I MEAN my Multimedia was so big i need to use a cd to hold it the reort was 75 pages long and i damn well know i got a bloody distinction and my stupid teacher said i lost your report so i had to print it out again but i had to pay 10p for every page that i printed

trust me ICT is great if you go to a decent school if you go to a goverment funded school where you dont have to pay fees then its a great subject

Jebus sorry a bit stressted still stupdying for my history tomorrow didn't mean to swear so much lol

how much file space where you allowoed ?

ReputationRep:
    thast sad really and youre multimedia report is that unit 7.. u must be crazy if u did 75 pages report.. thast what i did with my unit 2 .. they only look at the key things and ignore all youre techniques of how u buid the system... but its good practice 4 A Levels.

Well in our school prinitng is totaly free whatever format... they didnt give two ***** if we printed our work 1000's of times. Andfree space... it used to be 1 GB for GNVQ students so it was too much, but now its 100mb starting point and when you want more space you can ask for it like mine is around 300mb plus all your work is automatically baked up on the network.

On the whole my school may well be the 1 of the worst 1000 in the country atleast--- i was easily capable of A*'s in all my subjects but i ahd to leanr evrything... but in contrast we have an excellent ICT City Learning centre and excellent PC's so we like get 95% students leaving with 4 C's in ICT and with al large Majority getting 4 A's... and i am gald about atleast one good facility weve been offered with.....

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    have a look at these amazing 360 degrees images.. lol

my posh school!-- just IT though

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_003_hi.asp

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_008_hi.asp

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_005_hi.asp

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_006_hi.asp

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_002_hi.asp

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_007_hi.asp

http://www.citylearningcentre.org.uk...pop_004_hi.asp

ReputationRep:
    it is sad

you rekon your school is bad when you get 360 degree images my school dons't even have a website or a email adress for crying out loud

ReputationRep:
    i know

but its just Ict where good at... everything else is so so so poor

anyway hope u do well- sometimes really wish i cud help u ppl

ReputationRep:
    some schools have actually already got their ICT results, how unfair is that - anyway I'm not sure but I think you get a little purple edexcel sheet with all of the modules on saying like Dist Merit Pass Pass Merit Merit Dist whatever.. and then at the top an overall grade.. 80% distinction 60% merit 40% pass i think.. good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qarishahg)
    what the ****.. that is crazy then i have to say im shocked to the max by hearing and ust share the sympathy.. according to teh Edexcel you MUSt be offered atleast 5 Lessons a week with help and support although a lot of it should be independant learnign. youre school is stupid lol.... this is a great course... 10 years a go ppl would have been doing this studd at degree level!

if you guys had told me before hand i could have given you a lot of help.. Our school made a GNVQ CD which really helped

hopefully youll pass.. best of luck

Wow! Its clear that my school are only offering it to meet a target or for legue tables. Its stupid. And my school is a catholic convent! Dont trust the convent schools! lol

From what I saw it looked like a great course - and differnt from the other courses that we take - but I just didnt have the time to appreciate it. I wish that we had lesosns because it would prove useful. Now, if I dont apss, I will be stuck doing ICT key skills at college. Which is actualy ok - I like ICT.

Thanx for your offer of help! I wish our school actually used its resorces and helped us! Our school has recently got all new computers and software - but half of it we never use. Grrrrrrr

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.