Turn on thread page Beta

Can All Mathematcians Please Read This... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody1)
    Ive got some excellent notes on vectors ill try and scan them in (there on yellow paper) then post them, got them of my teacher helped me no end with what is themost difficult topic in c4 for me personally.
    this would help me 2 a great extent if you could do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay1)
    I think the formulae booklet is the same throughout every math exam, its not specifically for C2 but for all the modules (for me anyway)
    I do edexcel

No i mean they include the C4 binomial equation if n<1 in the C2 binomial equations......

For edexcel the formula book is split into the different modules......

ReputationRep:
    The remainder/factor theorems cannot be tested in C4, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C4>O7)
    The remainder/factor theorems cannot be tested in C4, right?
    yes it can, it can be part of a larger (long) question, but that wouldn't be a problem, its easy.

ReputationRep:
    unlikely to show up, probs be double angle and other c3 stuff in there mostly. Best to know it just incase.

ReputationRep:
    That's right- its not exactly something you have to prepare for

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone fancy taking one topic of the integration?

ReputationRep:
    i have only learnt the first 3 chapters of C4 - i have 3 empty days before C4 where i must learn it all. Would start now if i didnt have M2.
    CURSE my school who allowed me to study a full a-level without lessons at my own pace. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    i have only learnt the first 3 chapters of C4 - i have 3 empty days before C4 where i must learn it all. Would start now if i didnt have M2.
    CURSE my school who allowed me to study a full a-level without lessons at my own pace. LOL.
    Well your not alone! personally 3 days are enough to get a reasonable grade for C4. If you also need to study M2, I recommend devoting atleast 1 whole day to C4 and you'll possibly get average grade or higher depnding on how clever you are. And 2 days to M2. 2 whole days are enough for M2. In the end cramming is the only option, and the more logical and clever thinker you are the more better you'll do.

Saying that, its also important to understand every bit of the topic, so if there is anything you don't understand in C4 just ask here, and we'll help. :rolleyes:

Good luck for your exams

ReputationRep:
    Well your not alone! personally 3 days are enough to get a reasonable grade for C4. If you also need to study M2, I recommend devoting atleast 1 whole day to C4 and you'll possibly get average grade or higher depnding on how clever you are. And 2 days to M2. 2 whole days are enough for M2. In the end cramming is the only option, and the more logical and clever thinker you are the more better you'll do.

Saying that, its also important to understand every bit of the topic, so if there is anything you don't understand in C4 just ask here, and we'll help. :rolleyes:

Good luck for your exams
    cheers! have you really not yet learnt C4 fully? wonderful. i thought i was all alone!!!
    (and btw to others, when i mean not learn, i mean never ever having set sights on this yet!) 3 days should be fine.
    btw, there are 3 days till M2 (well 3.5 - M2 is on Friday afternoon i believe). you might be doing a diff syllabus

ReputationRep:
    I can't really do Chapter 6 properly.

And about 1/2 all exam questions are on it!

what is this "Mathematcians" that you speak of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    cheers! have you really not yet learnt C4 fully? wonderful. i thought i was all alone!!!
    (and btw to others, when i mean not learn, i mean never ever having set sights on this yet!) 3 days should be fine.
    btw, there are 3 days till M2 (well 3.5 - M2 is on Friday afternoon i believe). you might be doing a diff syllabus
    Well I've had a glance at it, and do know the main topics in it, I'll be studying it tommorrow, thats the only exam I've got, so full focus on that. But it is possible to do C4 questions with knowledge from C3, it may take longer but you'll finally be able to answer questions. meaning theres not much new material in C4 hence you can rely on things u've learnt in C3 to help u in the exam.

U shouldn't worry to much about M2, as its applied module, the pure (C4) is more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I can't really do Chapter 6 properly.

And about 1/2 all exam questions are on it!
    Integration? Its mostly that the exam board sets more questions on the hardest chapter to get people thinking. :rolleyes:

Btw, How did ur C3 exam(s) go?
    I'm retaking that

ReputationRep:
    Well I've had a glance at it, and do know the main topics in it, I'll be studying it tommorrow, thats the only exam I've got, so full focus on that. But it is possible to do C4 questions with knowledge from C3, it may take longer but you'll finally be able to answer questions. meaning theres not much new material in C4 hence you can rely on things u've learnt in C3 to help u in the exam.

U shouldn't worry to much about M2, as its applied module, the pure (C4) is more important.
    my target is to get my A on friday, so C4 will be just for fun

ReputationRep:
    Integration? Its mostly that the exam board sets more questions on the hardest chapter to get people thinking. :rolleyes:

Btw, How did ur C3 exam(s) go?
    I'm retaking that
    I thought the C3 was goodish. Dropped a few marks here and there but should be a reasonable A.

What went wrong for you?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the C3 was goodish. Dropped a few marks here and there but should be a reasonable A.

What went wrong for you?
    Stress and tension, u see I had 2 Biology exams the same day :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Stress and tension, u see I had 2 Biology exams the same day :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    That would be a bloody bother.

People seem to think that overall it was a medium/hardish paper.

And I'd agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    That would be a bloody bother.

People seem to think that overall it was a medium/hardish paper.

And I'd agree with that.
    i thought it was a lot easier than i expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    i thought it was a lot easier than i expected.
    Well maybe you were misguided with your expectations.

Anyway forget all this.

C4 looms.

Is anyone volunteering to do any of the sections?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.