Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does it take for modelling agencies to get back to you? Pics incl. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seriously @emmielociraptor if you'd been reading earlier, I said I WASN'T fishing... I want to know what you guys think!!
    So, what do you think?
    Do I have a look thats different?
    Be as blunt as you like!!

ReputationRep:
    sorry but WOW at that Balmain shoot!! thanks Superfrank!

ReputationRep:
    I really dont see what hes got. He looks like an average joe. Good on you though.

ReputationRep:
    @Mathmos THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT! Just a generic guy that everyone's seen before.
    I don't think I'd get a reply...

ReputationRep:
    Wrong bone structure too...compared with everyone else out there wanting the same thing as me!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing, right ...
    Good luck! stay amazing x x x

ReputationRep:
    Well, thanks Superfrank but I think that Mathmos might be right on this one.

ReputationRep:
    abercrombie/hollister/jack wills..

ReputationRep:
    OK last thing I'm going to say...
    1. Stop doubting yourself.
    2. Lily Cole. That's all I have to say.

Seriously though, work on your presentation a little, take some nicer shots, get a friend to take a few and stand in a field in some nice - but not overpowering - clothes and send them off. We love you. Lol x

ReputationRep:
    HAH, yeaaaaah right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelinman)
    Seriously @emmielociraptor if you'd been reading earlier, I said I WASN'T fishing... I want to know what you guys think!!
    So, what do you think?
    Do I have a look thats different?
    Be as blunt as you like!!
    Dude I read the whole thread :rolleyes: looked like fishing to me!

I already said you're good looking. In a preppy way. You'll just have to accept the fact that your range within modelling will probably be quite limited unless you can adapt your look.

ReputationRep:
    and @Superfrank.
    Did you just compare me to the amazing Lily Cole?!
    First, she's above beautiful and there is NO WAY that I'm that good!
    I'll wait for a week - until next Friday - and then if I don't get any replies I'll take some more and keep trying... how's that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really not!!!!
    Adapt my look how?
    I'm just trying to get some tips from as many people who can be bothered to help out!!

ReputationRep:
    look like you could have that niche topman/burberry look. Its seemingly random with models like that thought you never know so its worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    Burberry? Thats my favourite brand in the world!
    Well, maybe for emmie's sake I just shouldn't reply?
    This is not for pity/praise/my head...this is me trying to get some perspective.
    Thank you bluelight btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmielociraptor)
    Dude I read the whole thread :rolleyes: looked like fishing to me!
    Nothing wrong with confidence building to stop you from worrying.

ReputationRep:
    :pinch: I'm messing with you. :rolleyes:

Adapt your look as in send some photos in where you aren't just dressed preppy. Try different styles.

Feel free to ask for feedback/compliments. I mean thee no harm. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Chloe, I'll try not to get too excited - that way I won't be too put out when none of the agencies call me back due to my face and bad photographs!!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmielociraptor)
    :pinch: I'm messing with you. :rolleyes:

Adapt your look as in send some photos in where you aren't just dressed preppy. Try different styles.

Feel free to ask for feedback/compliments. I mean thee no harm. :cool:
    HA! Well, the limit was two, but if ANY of them reply I'll have a catalog of photos of me as a goth/emo/golddigger to overload their email servers with

ReputationRep:
    dude, to be brutally honest i don't think modeling is going to be your area of expertise.
    i suggest you look into other careers as i don't think you'll find much success in this one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.