Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever done this? I did it the other day - find myself always having to hold back from using internet chat stuff in regular cnoversation and I'm not even on as much as a lot of people I know - scary!

ReputationRep:
    Do you pronounce it 'lol' or say the indiviual letters? I've always wondered about that!

ReputationRep:
    ive never said lol but i do keep saying ROFL...weird!

ReputationRep:
    you mean saying 'lol' in the real world?!

Umm yes, once, got a lecture off someone on how i should not use text speak

ReputationRep:
    That's quite gay :|

ReputationRep:
    people in my class use it all the time, along with many other words from texting/gaming.

noob and rofl (roffel) are other common occurances

ReputationRep:
    wow

how much does you e-flat cost?

ReputationRep:
    prounounce it lol if anything, but i dont use textspeak in real life like "hahah lollllllllllzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!11 1111111111oneneooen

I say 'lol' sometimes. It is funny to say it. Its a perfect way to express something though. I prounce in 'lol'

ReputationRep:
    WTF?? NO!!

OMG - that's just wierd...

I mean, I'm on here loads and the only thing I sometimes say in real life is "kk" and that's only because it started off as something I said and then I got into the habit of it online...

I say WTF and FFS etc etc but not as letters, as words... because they're like ordinary phrases... but "lol"... honestly, you'd have to be insane... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    WTF?? NO!!

OMG - that's just wierd...

I mean, I'm on here loads and the only thing I sometimes say in real life is "kk" and that's only because it started off as something I said and then I got into the habit of it online...

I say WTF and FFS etc etc but not as letters, as words... because they're like ordinary phrases... but "lol"... honestly, you'd have to be insane... :rolleyes:
    spot the non-computer-nerd.

ReputationRep:
    I would never say 'lol' in real conversation, but its an invaluable term on msn, as it helps with jokes, sarcasm and even understanding if msn has sent your message! (ie if person puts 'lol' you know its been sent).

But in general i refrain from using txt speak innit!

ReputationRep:
    well sorry sw, but i just acnt help it - it's more expressive than just giving a chuckle - i pronounce the full word not the letters - that would just be sad!

ReputationRep:
    I say 'copter'

ReputationRep:
    I never use it, it just doesn't sound right in my opinion.

Mainly because it's not an actual word

ReputationRep:
    i say it to myself....if im havin a convo with someone on msn...lol ....ironic

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes say it as a joke. I've never said it accidentally- I've always meant to say it as a joke during a lesson. Eloel, woot, roffel, el maow, effeffess and double you tee eff.

ReputationRep:
    all the time, along with lmao, rofl, ttyl, brb, bbs,you know the ****.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Me thinks you spend too much time online. :|

ReputationRep:
    bbs?? :confused:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.