ReputationRep:
    I never thought I'd say this but...

I don't spend too much time online!! :champ:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    I never thought I'd say this but...

I don't spend too much time online!! :champ:
    The girl with a count of over 50 posts a day. :rolleyes:

I thought the sarcastic emoticon was obvious?

ReputationRep:
    lol thats funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    The girl with a count of over 50 posts a day. :rolleyes:

I thought the sarcastic emoticon was obvious?
    1) My posts are in the most part, spam

2) My post count per day isn't actually that high anymore... I think my first two months were somewhat, manic...

3) Errr... maybe I do spend too much time online but... now I can say that I don't let it affect me like others do!! :champ:

:tsr: WooP!!

ReputationRep:
    BIG IT UP for SW!

sup SW :cool:

ReputationRep:
    "I mean who the f*** says 'lol' like some sad retarded c*** who uses instant messaging programs too much" - A line from a guy who is extremely bitter about the fact people seem to be more sociable using msn than in real life. I must admit, i have never actually said lol,rofl etc etc. I try not to use abbreviated text on msn either, other wise i'll start using it in my exams :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i speak text in my head sumtimes which is weird and i keep thinking i will say lol as in pronoucing the letters, kinda scary. One thing that does get annoying is when im doing work on a pc on a rush i always put text speech, did it in my chem as cousework and my teacher ended up circling everytime i put "u" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemaz101)
    i speak text in my head sumtimes which is weird and i keep thinking i will say lol as in pronoucing the letters, kinda scary. One thing that does get annoying is when im doing work on a pc on a rush i always put text speech, did it in my chem as cousework and my teacher ended up circling everytime i put "u" lol
    Thats why you should avoid using abbreviated language etc. Must have been quite embarassing, probably think you dont know how to spell 'you' properly.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't write "you" in chem write-ups anyway... surely it's all done in third person??

"the water is placed in the beaker" etc?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    "I mean who the f*** says 'lol' like some sad retarded c*** who uses instant messaging programs too much" - A line from a guy who is extremely bitter about the fact people seem to be more sociable using msn than in real life. I must admit, i have never actually said lol,rofl etc etc. I try not to use abbreviated text on msn either, other wise i'll start using it in my exams :mad:
    Markus' Essay in English on Shakespeare

"lollzzzz 111 wel he woz kwite wkd rilly lolzzzzzz ma mate wonts to bonk him omg dont tel yer lolz11111!!!!!!!oneone'

lol

ReputationRep:
    yes, yes that's... funny

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who, ironically, says "lol" on the phone if he finds something mildly amusing but not good enough to actually laugh out loud. It gets annoying.

Apparently there's a "Laugh Out Loud" society at manchester uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    You shouldn't write "you" in chem write-ups anyway... surely it's all done in third person??

"the water is placed in the beaker" etc?? :confused:
    Not always swings, sometimes its in active not passive.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA - I said third person... and it's not third person... I'm so thick...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    yes, yes that's... funny
    Uptight Mancunian (it's a pity you dont take after your nice mum (my sister knows her at the accomodation thing at uni))

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually said it, but there have been times when I've definitely had to restrain myself from saying it! "Lmfao" is so expressive and I wish it wouldn't sound so weird to say it out loud! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha :laugh: Yes! People always look at me oddly when I just get offline, because I always say "Lol" when I think something is funny or "g2g" when I'm going somewhere. One time I've even said "POS" while talking to my friend on the phone for some strange reason :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    Hahahaha :laugh: Yes! People always look at me oddly when I just get offline, because I always say "Lol" when I think something is funny or "g2g" when I'm going somewhere. One time I've even said "POS" while talking to my friend on the phone for some strange reason :p:
    What does "POS" stand for? :confused: Haven't heard that one before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    What does "POS" stand for? :confused: Haven't heard that one before!
    (Parent over shoulder) Chat thing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.