Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey again!
    I applied to Ranmoor Hall but never actually got chance to look round it. I wonder if existing students or people who did go and see it can tell me a bit about it - the good and the bad!
    Thanks alot!!

ReputationRep:
    It's big - has just over 800 rooms
    Everyone moans that it's up a big hill but people who lived there know it's not true!
    Same food as all halls but I think we got a few more Meal Nights than the others halls
    Rooms are a decent size with washbasin, some rooms are massive (W block)
    Every room has networking
    There are about 20 en-suites

ReputationRep:
    i don't live there but as far as i see it the cons are that its a bit of a long walk from the main uni buildings (but its still not actually that far) and that as its big you don't get to know everyone so it feels fragmented.
    however the big pro is that you will know people on your course who live in the same halls as you, thats cool for revising as stuff (there were only 2 people on the same course as me in my halls but i knew about 15 people who lived at ranmoor)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.