Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are the contestants in Pop Idol not that good? I mean, let's face it, Will Young isn't THAT brilliant, neither is Gareth Gates. If you watched American Idol (I and II) you can be sure that both Will and Gareth would never have made it to the finals with the competition there: Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Tamyra Gray are superb. Why is the level in England so low?!

ReputationRep:
    Well there are just a few more people in the USA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    Well there are just a few more people in the USA
    Good point!! I'd be much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Good point!! I'd be much better
    Haha...but i'm still surprised at the gap between American Idol and Pop Idol. Australian Idol is better than Pop Idol too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Is it just me or are the contestants in Pop Idol not that good? I mean, let's face it, Will Young isn't THAT brilliant, neither is Gareth Gates. If you watched American Idol (I and II) you can be sure that both Will and Gareth would never have made it to the finals with the competition there: Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Tamyra Gray are superb. Why is the level in England so low?!
    We'll soon find out whose best, they're doing World Pop Idol over Christmas, being screened on Christmas Day in the Uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    We'll soon find out whose best, they're doing World Pop Idol over Christmas, being screened on Christmas Day in the Uk
    Yea... I hope Kelly wins she'll brill. I listened to clips of the other winners and their not as good as her. Guy Sebastien from Australia is pretty good though.

ReputationRep:

and Ayumi Hamasaki.....'-_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodooAkko)
    and Ayumi Hamasaki.....'-_-
    ARGH! I hate her...such a nasal voice and she uses her throat to sing....artifical face too....

ReputationRep:
    ARGH! I hate her...such a nasal voice and she uses her throat to sing....artifical face too....

ditto!

wut about Shiina Ringo.she's my only Japanese idol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodooAkko)
    ditto!

wut about Shiina Ringo.she's my only Japanese idol
    I don't really like Japanese singers in general, lol. I like Misia and Hirai Ken though. I met Hirai Ken once, and he was a great person as well. Ironically, I didn't know who he was!! We had a chat and the following week I see him on tv and they're talking about his new single...and it was that single that made him famous! Grrr I should have asked for his signature.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like Japanese singers in general, lol. I like Misia and Hirai Ken though. I met Hirai Ken once, and he was a great person as well. Ironically, I didn't know who he was!! We had a chat and the following week I see him on tv and they're talking about his new single...and it was that single that made him famous! Grrr I should have asked for his signature.
    cool
    wut's that conversation about?
    heard of Bonnie Pink?

ReputationRep:
    I personally think the best singer in the world ever has to be Clay Aiken! He came second and so should have won American Idol. I could listen to his voice EVERY day. It is so amazing.

Clay, you rock my world!

ReputationRep:
    How does the voting work on World Idol? Presumeably the country with the biggest population will win as they voted their representative to 'pop idol' status and would vote for them again. We also know how each country has it's own style and perhaps would not like anothers offering because of their type of music they choose. I could see it turning into a huge popularity contest.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it will be like the Eurovision song contest. We can't vote for our own country, and the other countries won't be able to vote for their own countries either.

May the best man/woman win!

ReputationRep:
    OI! what about the polish entry? much better than anyone else *false hope*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I guess it will be like the Eurovision song contest. We can't vote for our own country, and the other countries won't be able to vote for their own countries either.

May the best man/woman win!
    Yup that's how it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    OI! what about the polish entry? much better than anyone else *false hope*
    Sorry to say but not that good...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.